My administrators and I would like to thank everyone who pulls all the way forward in the car loop, so we can get cars off of Ray Road. We try our best to keep the line moving and appreciate your support. At dismissal, we are asking that you please use your turn signal when you have your child and need to go around the waiting car in front of you. The loop gets very full at times and we don't want to have an accident.
Many teachers have administered summatives this week. PLEASE check your child's progress on HAC and encourage him/her to seek help if needed.
This Wednesday, September 23rd, we will have our first EXCEL Time. A HUGE THANK YOU to PTSO for securing volunteers and to the parents who volunteered. EXCEL Time is a great opportunity for our students, but we can't offer without volunteers.
EXCEL Expectations: Students will eat lunch, see a teacher for extra help or to make-up/retake a summative, attend a club meeting, or study with friends.
Locations students are allowed: cafeteria, O-pod courtyard, PAC courtyard, amphitheater, behind Panther Hall, and in classrooms.
Students may not leave during EXCEL Time unless they do not have classes periods 2, 4, 6 & 7.
Students who are roaming and/or misbehaving during EXCEL will be placed in EXCEL Time-out in the gym with Dean Bailin.
EXCEL is divided into 2 sessions : A flutter bell will ring at 11:43am.
- EXCEL A (11:13am to 11:43am)
- Teachers available during EXCEL A: Math, English, Academies, Computers, World Language
- EXCEL B (11:43am to 12:16pm)
- Teachers available during EXCEL B: Science, Social Studies, The Arts, ESE, & PE
Events planned for this Wednesday's EXCEL:
- EXCEL A - NHS new candidates meeting in auditorium
- EXCEL A & B - Club fair all around the PAC courtyard and behind Panther Hall
- EXCEL A & B - Senior portraits on auditorium stage (For seniors who did not have their photo taken at Leonard's this summer, so they will be in the yearbook.)
Juniors will take the 10th grade FSA ELA test that was not administered last May starting this week. Distance learners can come in to take the exam with their English class. If students drive themselves, we ask that they place a piece of paper in their windshield stating "taking FSA" and park in the visitor parking lot in front of Panther Hall.
Homecoming week is this week with our homecoming game on Friday, 9/25, against Yulee.
- Students are encouraged to participate in the daily dress-up days remembering that all outfits must be within the Nease dress code. (Days are listed below in Student Life section.)
- Nominations for court were this week.
- Morning pep rally next Friday at 8:50am where senior queen and king will be announced.
- Traditional court recognition will occur during half-time Friday night.
- Due to COVID restrictions there will not be a homecoming dance.
- Seniors interested in attending Friday's game, please submit your name using the link below. Names will be drawn during 7th period on Thursday. Senior Football Ticket Request
SCHOOL PICTURE DAYS COMING SOON! Underclass school pictures will be taken Thursday and Friday, October 8-9 during English classes. Students will receive order forms, or you can order online at Leonards.com.
School Photos for distance learners
On campus school photos for distance learners will be offered on 11/06 from 11 -3pm. A Signup Genius will be posted once the date is closer. Additional photo opportunities at the school on retake day (11/20) and also through Leonard's will be announced. Keep posted for further updates.
UNUSUAL YEAR, EXCEPTIONAL YEARBOOK! Make sure you capture all of this year with a the purchase of a Nease 40th Anniversary Yearbook. This will be the book your students will want to show their kids and grandkids! Go to yearbookordercenter.com and enter code 15476 to purchase yours. Prices are at their lowest of the year!
- Last chance for senior portraits is WEDNESDAY, SEPT 23 during EXCEL in the auditorium. Get a pass from Ms. Cowart in D003. Girls should wear a tank top or something you can pull off your shoulders. Boys should wear a t-shirt. Formal attire will be provided. Distance learners may come on campus during that time as well.
- Studio times are available - they just need to schedule those through Leonard's.
- St. Augustine has studio time available from 3 - 6pm Sept 14, 15, 16 and 17 and then 9am - 6pm on 19th and 26th.
- Jacksonville has studio times available from 9- 6pm on Sept 19th and then 3-6pm on Sept 21- 24th. and 9-6pm again on 26th.
- There are no walk ins due to COVID Guidelines. Go to Leonards.com and enter your senior code that you were mailed and emailed, or call or email customer service at 1-800-215-4852 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
SENIOR PARENTS! The Class of 2021 will be an unforgettable one. Make sure you capture the year with a yearbook order and a senior ad! Go to yearbookordercenter.com and enter code 15476 to purchase and design your senior ad. Prices are at their lowest of the year!
Mu Alpha Theta applications are now open for the 2020-2021 school year. Students that have completed Algebra 2, have a 4.0 weighted GPA in math classes, and a 3.5 overall weighted GPA are eligible to join! Click the link below to access the application. The deadline to apply is September 25th!
NATIONAL HISPANIC HONOSR SOCIETY
Membership in the National Hispanic Honors Society is both an honor and a responsibility. You will be selected for membership on the basis that you have demonstrated the qualities of scholarship, service, leadership, and character. As a member you are expected to continue demonstrating and strengthening these qualities through participation in service projects, activities, and your adherence to chapter regulations. In addition, members may only have one unexcused absence from a meeting to maintain membership in the club.
- To maintain an A or B average in Spanish for the past 2 years .
- To participate in NHHS school and service projects
- To have no more than ONE unexcused absence from a meeting. If you are dismissed from the society, you will not be re-inducted.
- To complete a minimum of 8 service hours (ALL in NHHS) for new members.
- To actively demonstrate leadership, service, and character.
- To pay annual dues: $15 for new inductees.
(Seniors--graduation cords are an additional charge of $10 seperate from member dues)
THE APPLICATION is AVAILABLE IN SRA. ADAIR’S ROOM (E 106). PLEASE, TURN IT INTO TO SRA. ADAIR BY MONDAY, SEPTEMBRE 29TH AT 4:00 P.M.
National Honor Society
Adviser: Carolyn Milian, School Librarian Media Specialist
All returning Senior members who are on campus, MUST attend the first meeting of the day based on their last name:
- Monday, Sept. 21st @ 8:45 a.m. in the PAC for members last name A thru K
- Tuesday, Sept. 22nd @ 8:45 a.m. in the PAC for members last name L thru Z
- Tuesday, Sept. 22nd @ 4 p.m. in the MC in room 146 for "0" hour members, Dual Enrollment students, Distance Learners (if they would like to come) , or other members who COULD NOT attend the meeting due to an EMERGENCY (sleeping in or forgetting is NOT an emergency).
· A Zoom conference will be scheduled later Tuesday afternoon for all DL students ONLY.
Invitations were sent out today to new junior and senior eligible candidates to attend an informational meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 23rd during Excel time. All eligible Distance Learners were sent a private message by me through Schoology. If a student who is on campus for school receives an invitation and does not attend the informational meeting, he/she will forfeit his opportunity to be invited into the club. Distance Learners will be invited to a Zoom conference with me later that day.
Eligibility for National Honor Society:
o NHS is open only to Juniors and Seniors
o 3.80 SHARP WEIGHTED GPA (no rounding)
o Juniors – minimum of 40 documented service hours documented by end of August of Junior year. Seniors – minimum of 50
o Enrolled in at least 2 Honors, AP, or DE courses (or a combo of any of these)
o Completion of “NHS Resume/Selection” form
Eligibility does not guarantee admission. Other factors that will determine candidacy are leadership, school involvement in clubs, events, and activities, outside leadership and club involvement (ie: Scouts, church, community groups, work, etc.). The Faculty Council (6 anonymous faculty members) review all the resumes and make the final decisions regarding invitation to become a member or does not meet needed requirements. Juniors that did not meet requirements have the opportunity to become eligible at the start of Senior year. All confirmed candidates will be inducted into the club in a “virtual” ceremony that will take place sometime in October. Confirmation letters will be sent out during the last week of September.
Parents can contact Mrs. Milian for further information or check club webpage
Student Health Screening Entry Form
- Fever of 100.4 or higher
- Uncontrolled cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Muscle aches
- Vomiting or diarrhea
Is your child currently awaiting COVID-19 test results? If yes, please keep your child home and notify the school nurse when test results received. Further instructions will be discussed at that time.
Does your child live in the same household with someone positive for COVID-19? If yes, your child must quarantine for 14 days from the last date of contact with the positive individual. A negative test result does not reduce the quarantine requirement for the full 14 day incubation period.
Has your child had close contact with someone who in the past 14 days who tested positive for COVID-19? If yes, your child must quarantine for 14 days from the last date of contact with the positive individual. A negative test result does not reduce the quarantine requirement for the full 14 day incubation period.
For the students who were awarded a parking tag through the most recent lottery (list below.), paid by Wednesday, September 16th and uploaded all the required documentation by Friday, September 18th at noon, will be able to pick up their parking tags beginning Monday, September 21st in Room C-121. The students are eligible to drive on campus the day AFTER their tag has been provided. If you upload your documentation this weekend, your student’s tag will be available for pick up beginning Tuesday, September 22nd in Room C-121
Parking Payment Link:
Parking Required Documentation Link: