SPRING IS IN THE AIR!!!
In this month's Key Insights, we have a wonderful Raffle Item that will help you STAY HEALTHY- A BONE DENSITY TEST valued at $600 from Dr. Carmen Ortiz- Butcher at The Island Clinic. She is my family's doctor and is one of the most caring doctors I have ever met!
We will also announce the lucky winner of last month's TEETH WHITENING from Zambrano Orthodontics valued at $500!
This April Edition of Key Insights is full of many activities offered around our community. We have searched to find detailed Information of value for the residents and frequent visitors of our Island
Key Biscayne and beyond. Plus we have three very lovely contributors adding their Insights as well!
I want to sincerely THANK all of you for the wonderful feedback and interest in participating in my newsletter.
To enter this month's raffle click the ticket
ENTER TO WIN A BONE DENSITY TEST VALUED AT $600!!!
Drawing on April 30th at 11:59!
WHAT DOES BONE DENSITY TESTING DO AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
People tend to think that bones are static and unchanging, but the truth is that bones are in constant flux. Even as you read this sentence, specialized cells in your body are busy destroying old bits of bone and replacing them with new bone. Unfortunately, as people age, they often lose bone more quickly than they can replace it, so their bones can become porous and brittle.
If left unchecked, this bone loss can lead to a disorder called osteoporosis, defined as reduced bone mass and poor bone quality. The disorder makes bones weak and prone to fracture. People who have osteoporosis have bones that can break with even the mildest impact. For example, people with osteoporosis can break a bone just from a minor fall, such as tripping on a loose rug in the living room.
Each year in the United States, osteoporosis leads to 1.5 million fractures, including:
●700,000 fractures of the vertebrae, the bones in the spine
●300,000 hip fractures
●250,000 wrist fractures, and
●250,000 fractures of other parts of the body
Fractures of the spine and hip can lead to chronic pain, deformity, depression, disability, and even death. Plus, half the people who break a hip never regain the ability to walk without assistance and a quarter need long term care.
The problem is that osteoporosis does not cause any symptoms, so people do not usually know they have the condition until they break a bone unexpectedly. That's where bone density tests come in.
Bone density tests measure how strong the bones are. Healthcare providers use these tests to both screen for and diagnose osteoporosis. The tests are important, because they can alert you to problems with your bones before you have a fracture.
If it turns out that you have osteoporosis or are at risk for it (known as low bone mass or osteopenia), you can take steps to prevent fractures.
The Island Clinic
Dr. Carmen Ortiz-Butcher, M.D., F.A.C.P.
OFFICE: 967 Crandon Boulevard Key Biscayne, FL 33149
JUST LISTED IN THE PYRAMIDS!!!
Ivan and Zita Delevic
Cordially invite you to a Fundraising Reception for
Michael W. Davey
, District 112
Thursday, April 7th, 2016
5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
442 Glenridge Rd.
Key Biscayne, FL 33148
Maximum Contribution: $1,000 per person
Personal and/or Corporate
Please make checks payable to "Michael W. Davey Campaign"
If you are unable to attend you may mail your contribution to:
Michael W. Davey Campaign
770 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Suite 302B, Coral Gables, FL 33134
Political advertisement paid for and approved by Michael W. Davey, Republican for State Representative, District 112
Friday, April 8th, 2016
Wynwood Warehouse Project
450 NW 27th Street
Concert of Spanish Love Songs
APRIL 15, 2016
Key Biscayne Community Center Island Room, 2nd Floor
The community is invited to a free concert featuring popular songs from Spanish and South American Zarzuelas as well as other well-known Spanish love songs. Themes include love of your country, love between people, unrequited love, etc.
Island Room, 2nd Floor Key Biscayne Community Center
FREE and open to the public.
A complimentary wine and cheese reception will be served.
Songs of the Great White Way
April 24, 2016
Key Biscayne Community Center Island Room, 2nd Floor
A concert of Broadway Classics featuring solos and duets from classic musical theater - songs will include selections from shows like My Fair Lady, Phantom of the Opera, Showboad, Ms. Saigon, Into the Woods, Beauty and the Beast, and more.
FREE and open to the public.
A complimentary wine and cheese reception will be served.
Active in Komuns
Sunday, April 17, 2016, from 11am to 5pm
Moore Elastika Building - Miami Design District
3481 NE 2ND AVENUE
Interactive Experiences Active in Komuns is a 6-hour event that will provide more than 40 creative, hands-on opportunities for families to explore and have fun activities. Fun for the Entire Family! Active in Komuns is designed for families with toddlers to teens, featuring sports, theater, coding, science, various art disciplines and more.
HEALING FROM WITHIN
TUESDAY APRIL 19TH 12NOON
274 West Mashta Key Biscayne
Kabbalah explains that there is a direct connection between our minds and our bodies. We cannot focus solely on one, while ignoring the other. Everything our body experiences, so too does our soul and vice versa. While doctors can aid the healing process (like setting a bone for instance), your body is capable of mending broken bones and eradicating viruses, no doctors or medication needed.
Don't miss this opportunity to learn about the root cause of disease and who, in fact, is the true healer from a kabbalistic perspective. Join us for a comprehensive lecture and gain an understanding of kabbalistic tools that can awaken healing in our lives.
THE KABBALAH CENTRE MIAMI
274 West Mashta dr. Key Biscayne, FL 33149
RSVP TO RONDA FUCHS AT firstname.lastname@example.org
APRIL 22-24, 2016
550 NW 24TH STREET
- Friday, April 22nd, 2016 5pm - midnight
- Saturday, April 23rd, 2016 12pm - midnight
- Sunday, April 24th, 2016 12pm - 9pm
Wynwood Life is back and packed with everything that Miami loves. Check out all the great features of the festival like the Back Alley where top street artists are painting live daily. Listen to any one of 20 bands at our Live Music Stage. Or visit the Art House a pop-up gallery curated by Wynwood's Finest. The Style Lounge & Runway is where all the fashionistas will hang. And if you fancy the culinary arts, the Wynwood Culinary Showcase is the place to be. You and your crew can peruse over 150 arts & crafts vendors or eat at one of South Florida's top food trucks. Whatever you want to do, don't miss Wynwood Life.
BNI KEY CONNECTION
MEETS AT THE KEY BISCAYNE YACHT CLUB
EVERY WEDNSDAY FROM 7-9AM
Contact me to see if your category is open at
Over the next 10 years, expect functionality, accessibility, and sustainability to be major themes guiding the look of homes. That could include everything from embracing healthier building materials and furnishings to homes that are designed to be more resilient to bad weather.
More than 500 residential architects offered their insights into what will be the most significant home design elements over the next 10 years. From the American Institute of Architects Home Design Trends Survey, here are the 10 residential design trends to watch for over the next decade:
1. Smarter homes:
Technology will become more prevalent in the operation of homes, including via automated controls for temperature, security, and lighting.
2. Healthier homes:
Consumers are becoming more aware of environmental health issues that will likely lead to greater use of low or no volatile organic compounds of paint and composite wood, natural fiber upholstery, carpets without polyvinyl chloride backing, and air purification systems.
Home owners will call for homes that can hold up better against natural disasters, which may mean elevating residences, windows with impact glazing, dedicated safe rooms, and backup power generation.
4. Energy efficiency:
Sustainable design elements that increase a home's energy efficiency - such as solar panels, water reclamation systems, and tankless water heaters -- will likely grow in demand.
Universal design elements will grow in popularity to help an aging population stay in their homes longer. These design elements will likely include wider hallways, added handrails, and one-level living spaces.
6. All about the kitchen:
Kitchens will be the focal point of the home, fueled by open design concepts that allow it to stay front and center.
7. Outdoor living spaces:
More home owners will look to invest in sprucing up their outdoor living spaces, beyond just outdoor grills or decks. Instead, look for more home owners adding outdoor kitchens and fully furnished outdoor rooms.
8. Home offices:
Home owners, due to changing work patterns and a growth in telecommuting, will likely place a greater emphasis on the need for a space devoted to a home office.
9. Smaller but better designed homes:
As home owners demand to be closer to jobs and public transportation, architects will have to build in more accessible locations that are typically more pricey. This will likely bring about smaller but more innovative designs and more personalized design features.
10. Urban influence:
With growing calls for an urban lifestyle from younger adults, architects will adopt some of these urban characteristics into their projects, such as with a focus on higher-density development that offer more amenities to residents and offer closer to commercial.
By Melissa Dittmann Tracey, REALTOR® Magazine
CALL PAOLA PADOVAN AT 305-915-4044!
Spring is a time of renewal and rejuvenation. To some spring cleaning may mean cleaning out closets and cabinets, but it also is a good time to get the cobwebs out and rejuvenate your relationship. Are you putting in effort and showing appreciation in your relationship? Are you taking it for granted? Do you treat each other the same as you did when you first met?
Try these 10 tips to reconnect with your loved one this season.
1- Find an activity to do together. Some people spend more time with their tennis partner than their romantic partner. Whether it is a game, a sport, or a hobby, learning something new together will have you be more connected.
2- Do something unexpected and special for your partner. Be creative. Take out old photo albums, open up a bottle of wine, and reminisce.
3- Have conversation. Get to know each other instead of being busy with others. Let your partner know that you value his/her opinions and ideas. And, please put electronics away when together. Do not let "technoference" into your relationship.
4- Spend time together. There are everyday opportunities: eat dinner together, take walk together, watch a movie together, and even go to bed at the same time. Getaways can also help you reconnect. Whether it is an overnight or a few weeks away, a vacation together will definitely rejuvenate your relationship.
5- Have sex. Need I say more?
6- Pursue a common cause. Let your passion grow together as you work on something that brings more meaning and purpose to your lives.
7- Compliment each other. Do you treat each other better than you treat your co-workers, friends, strangers? Say something nice to each other at least once a day. And stop complaining!
8- Apologize. Take accountability and work on resolving conflicts effectively. Just attack the problem not the person. It's always better to be happy than right. (You can't be right all the time.)
9- Show appreciation. We tend to take for granted those we are closest to. Say "thank you" to your partner for the many things they do for you. Show appreciation to your partner for routine activities and chores.
10- Couple's counseling. Psychotherapy is an effective way to help you reconnect with your partner. By improving communication and gaining insight, you can strengthen your bond with your partner. Counseling allows you to explore relationship challenges and possible solutions in a safe and confidential environment.
By Dr. Ronda Fuchs
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Raising the vibration of the planet
One inspiration at a time
the art of surrender
Sometimes when you feel as if there's no answer in sight, try practicing the delicate art of surrender. It's not giving up. Relinquish the need to find a solution you cannot attain at the moment. Rather than getting frustrated and discouraged, put your issue in the hands of the Universe and ask for guidance. Remember, there's always a bigger picture we don't necessarily see in the moment of uncertainty. Take a load off. Bow gracefully and the answer will flow in when the timing is right as long as you keep listening. Ultimately, surrendering to your inner wisdom is a fearless an act of faith.
The late Dr. Wayne Dyer spoke and wrote beautifully about the art of surrender.
Remember, they're brief yet insightful, and easy to share.
By Violette de Ayala
5 Characteristics of Successful Women You Need to Know
Last year, I spent a week with 12 successful women entrepreneurs and it was an incredible journey. We arrived in Tuscany for our Femfessionals Business For Your Soul™ Retreat and the lessons I witnessed still linger in my mind today.
As in all beginnings, there was a subtle level of shyness and frequent moments of awkward "getting to know you's". The quest for getting settled into the villa and establishing harmony between personalities was also in the air. Within hours, chattiness was the backdrop of the atmosphere and goblets of red wine were being sipped by all. The retreat already started to embrace everyone and a common unity could be felt within the room. It was magical from the start.
Through it all, I was able to witness an amazing cohesiveness amongst all. Some moments forever marked my soul with gratitude. I left the retreat with the acknowledgement and understanding that we are truly "one" with the intention to live life fully. Our common strong ties and threads, regardless of differences, were connected to one another. These 12 women all had unifying themes in their past, present and future. They reinforced 5 wondrous behaviors and attitudes I believe to be true of successful women. We can use these lessons as reminders and points of inspiration along our own path of our envisioned future. My intention is to illustrate how powerful women with a strong vision can be.
1. STORY TIME: As they say, beauty is skin deep. The beauty started to truly unfold with shared stories of life struggles, financial loss, deep heartache and troubling childhoods. Each one of us had a story that brought out the beauty in us to a grander light. The women that seemed the most perfect in spirit, had the darkest experiences. It is through their perseverance and never give up attitudes that the twisting of their defining moments lead to a powerful story that didn't limit them. Their perception of past situations made them stronger and created an unbreakable strength to create a life they envisioned. Everyone. Has. A. Story. [period]
2. OPPOSITES ATTRACT: From across the world, women that had nothing seemingly in common, joined together in a soulful commonality. Like Salt and Pepper, the human version of opposites, they united and friendships were created that mired childhood ones. Open your heart to friendships that may at first seem odd in combination. Those may be the perfect friends to open your mind to a new perspective on life [and in business]. Expand your circle to a diversity of religion, ethnicity, politics and upbringing. It will expand your circle of network too.
3. HELD BACK: Quite often, the items in our lives and businesses that are holding us back, are the same items we strongly cling too. Comfort, safety, steady; those seem to hold us back from the big enlightened step in life that's needed to get to that next envisioned level. Self diagnosis and self reflection leads to discovering the few scary things we must tackle that we know in our core to be the one thing that will set us free. What are you clinging to that needs to be released?
4. MANIFESTING: We hear this word so often that we have missed the truth behind the definition. All the women at the retreat were amazing manifesters of their lives. They knew what they wanted in life and then acted upon every opportunity that resonated with their soul. Opportunity is masked as a hidden gem and awesome manifesters are great at tuning into what each step will bring in connection to their vision. They realize that every step into action brings them closer to their goals. Many of them grew up with no direction nor guidance and yet, they created their own vision and achieved it. The key words are vision and action, and the power to manifest is in their connection to each other.
5. SETTLE: Never settle! Sometimes I settle for chocolate almonds because chocolate pecans aren't available. My example is more of a level replacement. The settling I am defining is downplaying your goals to fit your current living. That is settling. Don't settle. Keep moving forward to your goals, your ultimate vision and don't give up.
These women didn't give up, didn't change their vision and have achieved greatness. It's wonderful to see the multi-dimensional components of women that made it and achieved their desires. When 1-5 above is combined, greatness is inevitable.
Violette is the Founder of Femfessionals [a global online and local community for women entrepreneurs], a small business expert, writer and mother of three. A serial entrepreneur with 20-plus years of experience, Violette is passionate about supporting women entrepreneurs through business growth, big vision strategies and positivity. For all her best notes, advice and business trends visit
PASSPORT APPLICATION PROCESSING!!!
As a courtesy to our residents, this service is offered by the Parks and Recreation Department at the Community Center, located at 10 Village Green Way, second floor.
Rules, downloadable forms, fees, travel advisories and other information are available at the
U.S. State Department passport web page (CLICK HERE)
. Please review this website to obtain all of the necessary information to complete your passport application.
For additional information or to make an appointment, call
Days Monday to Friday
Hours: 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
North of Heather
South of Heather & North of McIntyre
South of McIntyre & North of West Mashta
South of West Mashta
Thanks for Sharing!!!
Big Thanks to
Ana Angel Tootle and
Violette de Ayala
for sharing their KEY INSIGHTS!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR LUCKY MARCH RAFFLE WINNER!
We want to thank
ZAMBRANO ORTHODONITCS FOR THE WONDERFUL TEETH WHITENING VALUED AT $500!!!
7 Reasons to Work With a REALTOR®
REALTORS® aren't just agents. They're professional members of the National Association of REALTORS® and subscribe to its strict code of ethics. This is the REALTOR® difference for home buyers:
- An expert guide. Selling a home usually requires dozens of forms, reports, disclosures, and other technical documents. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal, and avoid delays or costly mistakes. Also, there's a lot of jargon involved, so you want to work with a professional who can speak the language.
- Objective information and opinions. REALTORS® can provide local information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They also have objective information about each property. REALTORs®can use that data to help you determine if the property has what you need.
- Property marketing power. Property doesn't sell due to advertising alone. A large share of real estate sales comes as the result of a practitioner's contacts with previous clients, friends, and family. When a property is marketed by a REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
- Negotiation knowledge. There are many factors up for discussion in a deal. A REALTOR® will look at every angle from your perspective, including crafting a purchase agreement that allows you the flexibility you need to take that next step.
- Up-to-date experience. Most people sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each sale. Even if you've done it before, laws and regulations change. REALTORS®handle hundreds of transactions over the course of their career.
- Your rock during emotional moments. A home is so much more than four walls and a roof. And for most people, property represents the biggest purchase they'll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on the issues most important to you.
- Ethical treatment. Every REALTOR® must adhere to a strict code of ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. As a REALTOR®'s client, you can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction-related matters.
If you are looking for a very experienced REALTOR, Contact Paola Padovan today to get your free Comparative Market Analysis and or a list of what is available for rent or sale. Paola has been serving her community for over 25 years and she is more than eager to serve you as well.
Padovan Realty is a family owned, full-service Residential Real Estate firm was established in 1991 making them the most experienced boutique Real Estate Firm on Key Biscayne.
FREE LOCAL ISLAND TRANSPORTATION
Help Reduce TRAFFIC with this FREE local transportation service!
TEXT : 786 361 8657
Try the new FREE KeyRide program, a joint effort between the Village of Key Biscayne and the Key Biscayne Community Foundation. Text your location to 786-361-8657. They will pick you up & take you to your destination in KB (without you having to use your own car, park, etc.).
Please help make this a success and reduce traffic in our beloved island!
If you don't text, call the number and schedule the ride directly. This service is completely free, but TIPS to the drivers are appreciated.
See what's happening on our social sites
||Are you sick of scouring the paper and MLS sites looking for homes? Tired of playing telephone tag with agents only to hear the home's already sold? Sit back, relax and let me do the work for you!
Just visit MY WEBSITE and check off the features you're looking for. Whenever a home matching your criteria hits the market, it'll be automatically flagged and emailed to you so you'll never have to worry about missing your dream home.
Did you miss previous issues of KEY INSIGHTS?
Have ideas for this Newsletter?
We'd LOVE to hear from you!!!!