I'm so excited about this glorious NEW YEAR!
In this month's Key Insights, we have a wonderful Raffle Item that will help make your HOME more beautiful, a three hour consultation with one of the best Interior Designers on Key Biscayne, Carol Craiglow. Her Bio is featured below, she is one of the top in her field. We will also announce the winner of last month's three private Personal Training Sessions with Donatella Dillon or Sangode Lowe.
This January Edition of Key Insights is chock full of many activities offered around our community and beyond for 2016. We have searched to find detailed Information of Great or Extra Value for the residents and frequent visitors of our Island
Key Biscayne and beyond.
As 2016 begins, I want to sincerely THANK all of you for the wonderful feedback and interest in participating in my newsletter.
To enter January's raffle click the ticket
Enter & WIN A THREE HOUR CONSULTATION WITH CAROL CRAIGLOW OF INTERIORS BY STUDIO SOUTH!!!A $300 VALUE!!!
Drawing on January 31 at 11:59!
SHE IS ABSOLUTELY ONE OF THE TOP IN HER FIELD!!!
LET US MAKE YOUR HOUSE A HOME
For over 35 years, our family operated design firm has provided high-end, creative interior decorating and design services to clients all over South Florida and around the world. From space planning and purchasing to exporting fabrics and furniture, here at Interiors by Studio South we do it all.
TO CONTACT CAROL CRAIGLOW:
104 Crandon Blvd. Suite #100 Key Biscayne, FL 33149
Help Reduce TRAFFIC with this FREE local transportation service!
TEXT : 786 361 8657
Please try the new FREE KeyRide program, a joint effort between the Village of Key Biscayne and the Key Biscayne Community Foundation. Text your location to 786-361-8657 and they will pick you up and take you to your destination in KB (without you having to use your own car, park, etc.).
Please help make this a success and reduce traffic in our beloved island!
If you don't text, call the number and schedule the ride directly. This service is completely free, but TIPS to the drivers are always appreciated.
Calusa Club presents; "A Key Biscayne Scavenger Hunt"
HOW IT WORKS
Your team needs a Camera/phone and a Golf Cart. If you want in but don't have a golf cart try talking to Romain at
KB Green Golf Carts.
We meet at the beach club at 7:30pm sharp.
Lists of objectives are passed out to team captains.
The scavenger hunt is done on golf carts with cameras. The objectives will ask you to take a picture with something or someone around the Key (eg. take a picture with your arm around a 7-11 staffer).
Each objective is assigned a certain number of points, depending on how difficult it is.
After 1.5hrs (TBD) we meet back at the Beach Club and each team's points are added up. From there we crown a champion team.
Friday January 15, 7:30 pm - 11:59pm
Key Biscayne Beach Club
You must register your team. Teams can have up to 5 members. Registration is $100 per team,
We will provide food, drinks and music at the Beach Club. Come on out to the KB Scavenger HUNT and enjoy a wonderful time!
The Key Biscayne Historical and Heritage Society will host a program featuring the Florida Underground Railroad as part of the National Underground Railroad Network to Freedom Project.
January 22, 2016 -
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST
Key Biscayne Community Center 10 Village Green Way,
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
Key Biscayne Community Foundation: (305) 361-2770
Free and Open to the Public
Show your mettle, Duathalon racing on the old Jimbo Trails.
3801 Rickenbacker Cswy, Miami, Florida 33149
3K Trail Run
2.4K SUP Paddle
RUN - PADDLE - RUN - PADDLE - RUN
You can do it all yourself or find a partner.
Awards for Overall Winners and Top Three in each division. Each division must have at least 3 participants for recognition.
Preregistered competitors ONLY
SUP Clinic at Noon ($15 if you need a rental SUP board)
Trail Run Clinic 2pm
RACE DAY SUP BOARD RENTALS :
$15 by Jan. 28 email email@example.com
RACE DAY SCHEDULE:
8AM Onsite Check-In & Registration Begins
10AM Race Starts
12:30PM Awards and Equipment Demos
STAY LATE for the after race party!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN at
7 Reasons to Work With a REALTOR®
REALTORS® aren't just agents. They're professional members of the National Association of REALTORS® and subscribe to its strict code of ethics. This is the REALTOR® difference for home buyers:
- An expert guide. Selling a home usually requires dozens of forms, reports, disclosures, and other technical documents. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal, and avoid delays or costly mistakes. Also, there's a lot of jargon involved, so you want to work with a professional who can speak the language.
- Objective information and opinions. REALTORS® can provide local information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They also have objective information about each property. REALTORs®can use that data to help you determine if the property has what you need.
- Property marketing power. Property doesn't sell due to advertising alone. A large share of real estate sales comes as the result of a practitioner's contacts with previous clients, friends, and family. When a property is marketed by a REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
- Negotiation knowledge. There are many factors up for discussion in a deal. A REALTOR® will look at every angle from your perspective, including crafting a purchase agreement that allows you the flexibility you need to take that next step.
- Up-to-date experience. Most people sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each sale. Even if you've done it before, laws and regulations change. REALTORS®handle hundreds of transactions over the course of their career.
- Your rock during emotional moments. A home is so much more than four walls and a roof. And for most people, property represents the biggest purchase they'll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on the issues most important to you.
- Ethical treatment. Every REALTOR® must adhere to a strict code of ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. As a REALTOR®'s client, you can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction-related matters.
If you are looking for a very experienced REALTOR, Contact Paola Padovan today to get your free Comparative Market Analysis and or a list of what is available for rent or sale. Paola has been serving her community for over 25 years and she is more than eager to serve you as well.
Padovan Realty is a family owned, full-service Residential Real Estate firm was established in 1991 making them the most experienced boutique Real Estate Firm on Key Biscayne.
The beginning of the new year is filled with activities for people of all ages!
Including Adult trips to:
- Miami City Ballet's Program II: In the Upper Room at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Operation Pedro Pan Exhibit at History Miami & Bayside Marketplace
- Homestead Day Trip
- Trip to Worth Avenue
- West Side Story at Actors' Playhouse
Saturday Morning Girls Softball Clinics
Jan. 9th, 23rd and 30th
Sunday Co-Ed Volleyball clinics
Ages 9-11 2:00pm-3:15pm
Ages 12-15 3:15pm-4:30pm
Jan. 10th, 24th and 31st
Thursday KBCC Movie Matinees
1:30pm and 4:00pm showings
And bring out the family for
MOVIES ON THE GREEN
Jan. 22, 7:00pm
There are Seminars, Support groups, Camps, Counseling, Fairs
and so much more...
or the image above for the complete schedule of time and events.
With all the New Year's resolutions floating around everybody's mind these post-holiday days, let's remember that the cultivation of good health need not feel like a burdensome chore. Oftentimes we think we are too short, too fat, too skinny, too tall, too weak and so forth. Stop the self-sabotage! Pause, take a deep breath and simply feel lucky to be here. Life is a gift we commonly take for granted. Instead of focusing on what you're lacking beginning this new year, try centering yourself in feelings of gratitude, peace and love. Our bodies are fascinating machines that inspire wonder and allow for us to be divinely active. The opportunity to be present is a miracle and the chance to serve while we are here on this earth even more marvelous. So as you embark on your goals and dreams for 2016, remember the magnificent being you already are, constantly evolving with an innate inclination to pursue happiness. Good health begins with a generous dosage of gratitude. Enjoy the gift of simply being alive.
By Ana Angel Tootle, MPA
Raising the vibration of the planet one inspiration at a time
CHRISTMAS TREE RECYCLING IS BACK FOR SINGLE- AND MULTI-FAMILY RESIDENCES
A long awaited tradition, Christmas Tree Recycling, is back thanks to joint efforts between the Village and the Key Biscayne Community Church. For a limited time, the Village is providing residents with the opportunity to recycle Christmas trees into mulch to be used in local parks or home gardens.
All residents of single-family homes/duplexes, apartments and condominium units are encouraged to drop off trees at the Community Church in the designated area on the Fernwood Road side of the Church property. Drop off is available only until Friday, January 15, 2016.
In the holiday spirit, mulch will also be made available to residents at no charge from January 9-15, 2016. You must bring your own bag or container as this will be self-service.
IMPORTANT: Please follow these directions:
- Be courteous to the Community Church and drop off trees inside the area delineated by the orange fencing. Do not leave trees outside the designated enclosure.
- Do not place tree in bags. Trees must be cleared of all accessories including lights, ornaments, tree stands, etc.
- If you cannot drop off your tree, the Village has arranged for the following curbside pick-up options:
- Single-family residents:
- Place clean trees along the swale now for pick-up by Public Works maintenance staff. These trees will be recycled locally into mulch.
- Place clean trees along the swale for January bulky waste pick-up by SWS during the week of Jan. 11-15, 2016 (refer to the color-coded zone map on Page 2 of the 2016 Solid Waste/Recycling/Bulk Waste Flyer (PDF) HERE (English) or HERE (Spanish) for your pick up day). Public Works encourages residents to use this option rather than disposing of trees during regular bi-weekly solid waste pick-ups. However, SWS will pick up clean trees during regular solid waste pick-up days (Tuesday and Friday north of West McIntyre; Monday and Thursday south of West McIntyre; see flyer referenced above). These trees will not be mulched.
- Apartment and condominium residents: Public Works personnel will pick up clean trees (lights, ornaments, tree stands, etc.) placed along the swale in front of your building. These trees will be mulched.
Residents of single-family homes and duplexes also are advised that the 2016 SWS Bulky Waste Pickup Schedule, plus solid waste and recycling information, will be mailed out with Solid Waste bills. These annual bills from the Village will be mailed in February.
Thanks for Sharing!!!
Big Thanks to
Ana Angel Tootle, MPA for sharing her KEY INSIGHTS with us so we can share them with all of you!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR DECEMBER RAFFLE WINNERS!
Allison Stephens and
Robin Macklin for each
Personal Training Sessions with
Jacquie Green for winning a
Personal Training Session with
We want to thank both Donatella Dillon and Sangode Lowe for their generous contributions. The winners will surely receive an excellent workout from these seasoned professionals!!!
See what's happening on our social sites
||Are you sick of scouring the paper and MLS sites looking for homes? Tired of playing telephone tag with agents only to hear the home's already sold? Sit back, relax and let me do the work for you!
Just visit MY WEBSITE and check off the features you're looking for. Whenever a home matching your criteria hits the market, it'll be automatically flagged and emailed to you so you'll never have to worry about missing your dream home.
Did you miss previous issues of KEY INSIGHTS?
Have ideas for this Newsletter?
We'd LOVE to hear from you!!!!