Please attend the parent orientation meeting Today August 3rd 6:00 pm at the City of Santa Clarita Activities Center 20880 Centre Pointe Pkwy. in the back Sequoia room. We will have a shoe vender and most sizes of uniforms available. This is a great time to ask questions and find out how our program works!!
Most sizes will be available at the parent meeting. We are also ordering all other uniforms on Thursday, so that we have time to receive them before the meets start. We do have some in inventory and you may pick those up at the Parent meeting. It is very important that you order asap as they take 3 weeks to arrive. You can see the sizes at the Parent meeting on Wednesday. All new athletes will need to purchase a uniform if you do not already have one. It is the same uniform we had in track!
Storm Spirit Merchandise
We will be selling Storm warm ups, sweat shirts, and t-shirts on our Storm Champion Store. These are sold online only and will be available on the link below to order until August 25th only. show your team spirit!!
If you are new to Storm please make sure you upload a birth document asap. All new athletes need to order a uniform.
Practice Week of August 6th
Saturday - West Creek Park 8:00 am - 9:15 am
Monday - West Creek Park, 6:00-7:15 pm
Tuesday- Central Park 6:00 -7:15 pm near field 7
Thursday- COC. 5:30 - 6:30 pm - park in the track parking lot and walk up the service road past the baseball field
Saturday -8:00 am Central Park near field 7
There is a open cross country race at COC on Thursdays at 7:00 pm if anyone is interested. After that we will be switching our practice to Tuesdays at COC, and Central Park practice to Thursday.
Cross Country is a competitive sport, all athletes will attend meets on Saturday, to be on the team. There will be no practice only athletes. Meets will start September 3rd and will be most Saturdays until October 29th. Meets will be held in locations in Santa Clarita, San Fernando and Antelope Valley.
We have reached the point that we just can no longer accept athletes who only want to practice on our team, that takes away our coaches time in training our athletes who do compete, so our policy is that we do not accept practice only athletes.
Frequent Asked Questions – Cross Country 2022
- Is it the same uniform as track? – Yes, we use the same uniform for both our Track & Field program and our Cross Country Program.
- When are practices? – Our normal practice days are Mondays, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturdays
- What time are the practices? Evening practices are 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm, Saturday Morning practices are 8:00 am to 10:00 am.
- Where do you practice? For cross country we practice at 3 sites, West Creek Park by the picnic tables, College of the Canyons Next to the baseball diamonds, and Central Park, TBA.
- When is the Season? – Parent Meeting on August 3 – October 2022
- Is there a waiting list – No Every athlete who applies will be accepted.
- When is the first day of practice – The First day of Practice will be on August 6th, 2022 at West Creek Park, next to the picnic tables at 8:00 am till 9:30 pm.
- There will be a parent meeting in August 3rd Wednesday at the Sports Complex at 6:00 pm. We will have a shoe vendor there, and will take any sign-ups and answer any questions that have not been answered here.
- When does sign-ups for Track begin? Sign-ups for 2023 Track & Field will begin in November 2022. Cross Country is a Summer/Fall Sport, while Track & Field is a Spring/Summer Sport.
- How do I sign up for Storm – all of our sign-ups are handled through our online system, simply click the buttons above and sign up. Your child is not signed up until we have a registration form, payment, and proof of age document. Your child will also need a uniform but uniforms are purchased separately and as needed.
5-6 Girls and Boys (SG/SB)
(Year Born) 2016-2017
2000 Meter Run
7-8 Girls and Boys (GG/GB)
(Year Born) 2014-2015
2000 Meter Run
9-10 Girls and Boys (BG/BB)
(Year Born) 2012-2013
3000 Meter Run
11-12 Girls and Boys (MG/MB)
(Year Born) 2010-2011
3000 Meter Run
13-14 Girls and Boys (YG/YB)
(Year Born) 2008-2009
4000 Meter Run
15-18 Girls and Boys
(Year Born) 2004-2007
4000 Meter Run – (Some meets are 5000 Meters).