Hello Parents & Families,
LA Pre-season is underway! Today, we registered athletes trying out for varsity athletics as well as student leaders assisting in opening week activities. Next week, we'll welcome the full measure of the student body according to the
2018 Fall Registration and Opening of Schedule
, leading up to next Friday, September 7 - the first day of class.
As parents prepare for the 2018 - 2019 school year, please be sure to peruse our
LAPA Info Sheet - this one-page PDF
, which gives you quick access to dates and details. Now is the time to sign-up to learn more about our many opportunities to get involved via our
Parent Volunteer Form
. Once you have completed the form, one of our parent volunteers will be in touch.
A reminder about some important dates...
- September 27 – Class of 2021, Sophomore Parent Dinner at Park House, 6:30 PM
- October 2 – Class of 2020, Junior Parent Dinner at Park House, 6:30 PM
- October 4 – Class of 2022, Freshman Parent Dinner at Park House, 6:30 PM
- October 11 – Class of 2019, Senior Parent Dinner at Park House, 6:30 PM
The front page of
currently points families to important start of school information, available through the "2018 - 2019 School Year" button. Meanwhile,
will be your one-stop-shop for all the information you'll need to navigate academics, arts, athletics and weekends at LA.
Important registration reminders:
- Academic course schedule changes should be handled during Registration (Aug. 31 - Sept. 6) or "Add/Drop" period on the first three days of classes (Sept. 7 - 12).
- All students should bring their laptop with an updated operating system to registration.
- Grit & Wit is an energizing, physical and thinking team-based obstacle course that will be on LA’s campus on Saturday night, Sept. 15. All students are welcome and there is no cost associated with the event, but a sign-up and waiver is needed. Boarders are required to complete the sign-up since the event falls during on-campus weekend. The waiver form for your student to participate must be signed and may be found in your My BackPack account’s Resource Center
Best wishes to our athletes this weekend: