Dear Parents & Families,
The end is nigh: Goodbye academic school year 2018 - 2019 and hello summer!
This is the final regular eNews until September, but we will certainly send updates as necessary throughout June, July, and August.
But, for now, let's focus on vacation:
NEWS & NOTES
- Dorms close today, Friday, June.
- All students must complete a CHECK-OUT FORM. Hard copies are available outside Mrs. Clark’s office. Day students must clean-out their lockers prior to departure!
- Returning students should complete an advisor request form. Click HERE.
- Any student boarding next year should complete a DORM AND ROOMMATE REQUEST FORM. Extra copies are available outside Mrs. Clark’s office.
- Summer storage is available for returning boarders. For more information or to sign-up, Click HERE.
- Boarders should make sure to submit their summer vacation travel plans through REACH.
- Students in classes 2020, 2021, and 2022 may volunteer and submit verified hours for the 18-19 school year up to and including June 15. Local options are listed on The Page under LA Cares.
- To LA Women: We want to make one of our most popular Winterim trips, Give Kids The World, available to you for June 2020. We are looking for feedback on dates to run the trip from those interested in attending. Click here to express interest and provide information regarding your travel preferences. (Check out these videos to learn more about GKTW Village and the volunteer experience.)
- Any boarder who wants to be considered for a special vehicle permission must e-mail Mr. Healy by August 1st of 2019. THE MAJORITY OF ALL REQUESTS WILL BE DENIED.
- Please check the academic web pages (www.lacademy.edu/academics) in mid-July for summer assignments and book ordering information.
Enjoy the sunshine,