The Park Ridge Board of Education (The Board) is seeking a qualified candidate to join the Board due to a recently created vacancy. The position available will run until the Board re-organizes in January of 2023. The position will be placed on the ballot at the annual election in November 2022 for a three year term.
To become a member of the Board of Education, you must,
- Be able to read and write
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a U.S. citizenship and be a resident for at least one year in the school district
- Have no interest in any contract with, or claim against, the Board
- Not hold office as mayor or be a member of any elective governing body
- Not be disqualified from membership for the conviction of certain crimes. Within 30 days of election or appointment to the Board, a member must undergo a criminal history background investigation through the State Department of Education.
Interested residents who meet the above qualifications, should submit a letter of interest expressing the reasons they are interested in becoming a member of the Board. Letters can be sent via email or mailed to the Board Office as follows:
Business Administrator / Board Secretary
Park Ridge Board of Education
85 Pascack Road
Park Ridge, NJ 07656
Email = RobertWright@Parkridge.k12.nj.us
The deadline for submission is Friday, April 1, 2022 at 4:00 pm. Candidates selected will be contacted for interview dates and times. Final interviews will be conducted at the Board’s April 18th meeting.