December 7 - Pastor Greg Carlson
Sermon title: "Eight Ways to Pray for Family and Friends"
Scripture Reading: Colossians 1:9-12
The apostle Paul prayed faithfully for his spiritual family, understanding that prayer will help us grow in our spiritual knowledge. There are eight ways to pray for others:
1. Intercessory prayer. Pray that they will be filled with the rich, full, exponential knowledge of God’s will. This will take us to our whole purpose in life, which, according to Solomon, is to fear God and keep His Commandments.
2. Pray for others that they will live lives worthy of God and Christ’s tremendous investment in us. We were saved in order to serve.
3. Pray that they will live in ways that pleases the Lord. Obedience pleases God.
4. Pray that they will bear much fruit. God produces fruit through Spirit-filled believers.
5. Pray that they will grow in their knowledge of God, as a person knows a friend.
6. Pray that they will be strengthened with all might, according to God’s power.
7. Pray that they will endure when tested.
8. Pray that we all give joyful thanksgiving to God. It’s a daily attitude of those who live worthily. Joy is the echo of God’s life inside us.
Let us foster a culture of prayer, going into 2020.