Covenant Members and Friends,
I send you love and prayers from our elders in the name of Jesus Christ, who bears our sickness and heals our brokenness.
Today the elders decided to cancel worship and all other Covenant events during the month of March. Our Preschool will follow the schedule of Huntsville City Schools. We believe this is the best way to care for our most vulnerable neighbors, not simply at Covenant, but throughout Madison County. Because we wish to fulfill Jesus’ commandment to “love our neighbors as we love ourselves,” we choose to show love by closing our doors to limit the spread of the Coronavirus. Here are some details:
- A Facebook Live Broadcast will go out at our normal schedule of Sundays at 8:30 and 11:00 throughout March. More information is at the bottom of this letter.
- Serve Day, which was scheduled to take place tomorrow, is canceled and will be rescheduled at a later time.
- Covenant’s building will be locked during the month of March while we deep clean our facilities to reopen when it is safe to do so.
- All Covenant activities, all community groups, and all classes are canceled.
- The elders will send you updates each week in the Thursday Chords email newsletter. (Subscribe by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Our Preschool will follow the schedule of Huntsville City Schools, and our Preschool Director Miranda Wilkinson will communicate directly with families.
I spoke with several medical professionals in our congregation and will share some of their guidance as you take active precautions over the coming weeks.
- Wash your hands, use hand sanitizer and refrain from touching your face.
- If you feel sick, don’t hesitate to call your regular physician FIRST before going to a clinic or hospital. Your doctors will be happy to offer you guidance.
- Rather than relying on social media for updates, use the CDC website as the most trusted resource for news regarding the Coronavirus at https://www.cdc.gov/
- Trust in Christ and stay calm even in the midst of anxiety and fear. Panic can present it’s own health challenges. Sometimes sharing our emotions reduces their intensity. If you need someone to talk to Pastor Hunsicker and I are on call (our numbers are at the bottom of this letter). We also have our team of Deacons and Stephen Ministers to walk alongside you.
- Pray for leaders and healthcare providers around the world.
Last night I read Philippians 1:9-11 with some friends: “And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.”
I pray that throughout this challenge to our community that God would be moving in new ways and opening up fresh doors. Paul wrote these words to the church in Philippi when he was in chains in prison. We can pray now that we would find new ways to share Christ’s love with our neighbors even while our church doors are locked.
Here’s how to participate in worship on Sunday March 15, March 22, & March 29:
Viewing our Worship From Home
- Facebook Live Broadcast
- Worship services will continue to be broadcast on Sunday morning at our scheduled times of 8:30 and 11:00 on our facebook page. Simply visit our facebook page by clicking this link here. Or you can type @CovenantHuntsville into the search bar on Facebook to find us.
- You do not need a facebook account to be able to view the services.
- If you have a Facebook account and you click the "Follow" button on the Covenant Facebook page, you will have the option of receiving a notification on your phone when we are broadcasting live so that you never miss a service.
- Website Sermon Archive
- All sermons are uploaded to our website once they have been edited at https://www.covhsv.org/sermons/
- This is a great option if you just want to watch the sermon
- YouTube Sermon Archive
- Following each worship service we will be uploading just the sermon to our YouTube channel at the link here. Or you can type in CovenantHuntsville into the search bar on YouTube to find us. This is a great way to catch up on just the sermon. There's a ton of other great videos from the last several years if you'd like to catch up on sermon series that you missed.
Financial Giving From Home
- You can give tithes and offerings online by visiting our website at https://www.covhsv.org/giving/
- You can mail checks to our address at 301 Drake Ave, SE 35802
Contacting Church Leaders
I am praying for you and your family and will be sending frequent updates and words of encouragement through our social media and email channels.