Work continues on 29th Street NE between I-380 and Oakland Road. This section of roadway is closed for construction; however, the intersection of 29th Street and Center Point Road remains open for access to properties. New pavement was placed last week west of Center Point Road and that work will continue for the next few weeks. The utility work is nearly complete east of Center Point Road and new pavement will be placed soon.
Center Point Road Conversion to Two-Way
By the end of day, Tuesday, May 26, 2020, Center Point Road NE between 29th Street and J Avenue will transition to two-way traffic. Drivers will be able to travel both
on Center Point Road in this area. Lane reductions will be in effect this week while crews apply yellow lane lines and update signage to reflect two-way traffic flow.
Immediately following the completion of the conversion work, Center Point Road NE will be closed at 1627 Center Point Road to replace sanitary sewer manholes.
- Properties from J Avenue to 1620 Center Point Road can access their properties from J Avenue on the new two-way Center Point Road.
- Properties from 1627 Center Point Road to 29th Street will access their properties from 29th Street.
- Traffic should utilize 32nd Street NE and Oakland Road as a detour while 29th Street and Center Point Road are closed.
- The frontage road (Madison Street NE) for I-380 northbound traffic between 29th Street and 32nd Street is open
- The intersection of Center Point Road and 29th Street remains open for access to properties on 29th Street, west of Center Point Road and to properties on Center Point Road from 29th Street to 1627 Center Point Road.
- Oakland Road is open.
We will continue to send you updates as the project moves forward. Thank you so much for your patience! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact a member of our team.