After an approximately two-week closure to reduce cut-through traffic impacting local businesses, Council Street NE re-opened at Collins Road this morning, but remains closed just north of 51st Street/Park Place until early next week.
Traffic Updates to Note:
- The intersection has been completely replaced at Council Street and 51st Street/Park Place
- Traffic can now travel east-west on 51st Street/Park Place at Council Street
- Council Street remains closed just north of the 51st Street/Park Place intersection; this closure will open early next week.
Upcoming Work Includes:
- Opening the north leg of the intersection of Council Street and 51st Street/Park on Monday, May 24
- Lane restrictions will remain in place on Council Street between Collins Road and Blairs Ferry Road
- Asphalt operations are scheduled to begin on Monday, June 1 with rolling lane closures, performed with lane restrictions.
- Please be patient and anticipate delays.
We still encourage through traffic to use the C Avenue detour whenever possible, unless they are visiting a business on Council Street. The lane restrictions will result in traffic delays, and keeping additional traffic off Council Street creates a safer and more efficient work environment for the crews.
Thank you for your patience!