Truss to be repaired, stop logs installed for 2020
At the LSRCA Board of Directors' meeting held on Friday, July 24, our directors voted in favour of 6 of the 7 recommendations put forth in the
Staff Report No. 36-20-BOD
- We will undertake welding work to fix the truss supports as soon as possible.
- We will share the cost of the welding repairs with the Town of Georgina.
- Once the welding work is complete, we will install the stop logs and flashboards for the remainder of this season. The stop logs will be removed in the fall as per approved operating protocol.
- We will maintain closure of the pedestrian access via the bridge on the dam structure for safety reasons.
- We will continue to seek confirmation of ownership of the dam structure from the Province.
- Together with the Town of Georgina, we will undertake community consultation regarding the current and future status of the Pefferlaw Dam. This includes operations for 2021 and beyond.
Recommendation 7, (that the Authority permanently discontinue operation and stoplog management of the Pefferlaw Dam after the fall 2020 removal of the stop logs) has been deferred until public consultation can take place.
Meeting recording available online
An audio of the Board of Directors’ meeting is public and can be listened t
The recording begins with a deputation by Karen Wolfe and is followed by a discussion of the recommendations outlined in the
The Pefferlaw Dam segment runs to around 45 minutes.
We’re making arrangements for the welding work to occur as soon as possible. Once this is done, our staff will install the stop logs.
Preparations for community consultation will also begin shortly.
As more information becomes available, we will post it on our website and through email to the Pefferlaw Dam mailing list.
We'll be in touch again soon,
Director, Corporate Communications and Engagement
Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority
905-895-1281, ext. 315