As you know, we are limited in how many people can attend mass in person by the directives handed to us from the State and Diocese.
This limits us to
10 persons inside the church
only as many cars as can fit in our parking lot
under distancing rules of every other space(about 33)
For indoor masses, within your households, consider alternating one person to attend, so the maximum amount of families can participate by representative of sorts.
For outdoor masses, you may want to consider
carpooling with friends and families
with whom you have
already been socially distancing
, that would maximize the amount of people who can attend outside by car.
We also ask, out of consideration for other parishioners, that, if you attend a weekend mass, you refrain from coming again for at least a month (or until restrictions are lifted) to allow others the opportunity to attend on subsequent weeks.
Please be as gracious as possible with your fellow Christian and to the ushers who will give you direction. We know that these restrictions will prevent many from being able to actually attend and we hope to have greater leniency in coming weeks. This weekend will give us an idea of how to push forward, so we also ask for continued patience with use as we go along.
Other reminders and guidelines:
- Upon arrival, please see a designated usher for further instructions. The usher will instruct you where to park or sit. Do not enter the parking lot or church without instructions from the usher. Once mass is over, attendees should leave, but please wait for direction from the usher to direct the flow of foot and vehicle traffic.
- If attending by car, you must remain seated inside for the duration of the mass. Once parked, please turn off your car and open your windows to listen.
- Missals: we cannot actively distribute missals or bulletins, but we will send you a digital missalette each wekk with the readings, songs, and the Act of Spiritual Communion, to aide in following along. The missal can be viewed on a phone/tablet, etc. If you choose to print it out and bring to the church with you, please discard it after use or take it home. Do not leave it in the church.
- Mask wearing: You do not need to have your mask on when in your vehicle, but must don it as soon as you exit your vehicle, whether you plan to remain outside or are coming inside the building.
- Bathroom usage: Bathrooms will not be available during outside masses and we ask that those inside the building, be it for mass or other purposes, refrain from using the facilities as much as possible. Please plan accordingly, and, if you must us the bathroom, please make sure it is empty, even if there are several stalls. One in, one out.
- Communion will not be distributed at any mass. People are encouraged to make an Act of Spiritual Communion at the appropriate time.
- Livestream will still be available of our 11am masses for those who are ill or prefer to stay at home. Because of the limitations of mass, we continue to recommend viewing remotely, especially for our at-risk parishioners.