The COVID-19 crisis has put families in hard times, and many aspects of life become challenging. We here at GCHS want to help those in need and who maybe struggling to feed their pets during this crisis. Our goal is to provide pet food to those furever families, so the unfortunate option of owner-surrendering their loved ones because they cannot afford to feed them does not occur.
To do this, WE NEED YOUR HELP! GCHS already has been attending and handing out pet food at the Community Cooperative's Mobile Food Pantries, which are held around Lee County. But we want to step it up and reach more furever families!
Please consider making either a monetary or pet food donation. Any amount helps. The more donations we receive, the more furever families we can help! Donations can be either dropped off or mailed through Amazon, Chewy.com or any other deliver service to: 2010 Arcadia Street, Fort Myers, Fla. 33916. If you decide to drop off your donation, please drop off in front of the Adoption Center's front doors.
If you are in need of pet food or know someone who does, call 239-332-0364 ext. 319 or email
. We do encourage furever families who need pet food, to visit their local food pantry or visit one of the mobile pantries.
GCHS will be at the Mobile Food Pantry on these dates:
- Wednesday, April 8, from 3-5 p.m. at Mariner High School, located at 425 Chiquita Blvd. N, Cape Coral.
- Thursday, April 9, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Ocean Church, 22100 S. Tamiami Trail, Estero, 33928.
- Saturday, April 11, from 8-10 a.m. at Palmona Park, 2000 N Recreation Park Way, North Fort Myers.
- Wednesday, April 15, from 3-5 p.m. at Trafalgar Middle School, 2120 Trafalgar Pkwy, Cape Coral.
- Tuesday, April 21, 3-5 p.m. at North Fort Myers High School, 5000 Orange Grove Blvd., North Fort Myers, 33903.