My Dear Friends,
The last few months have been challenging for all of us. My heartfelt thanks to everyone for supporting our efforts, at a distance, to worship, provide faith formation opportunities, and encourage giving. Your participation has been remarkable, and I’m humbled to shepherd such a warm and loving faith community.
I’m happy to announce that we are cautiously moving forward to open All Saints this weekend, while following Phase 1
Diocese of Raleigh guidelines
. Our approach has been developed, first and foremost, with the health and safety of all in mind.
Consequently, please know that:
• All the faithful continue to remain dispensed from their Sunday Mass obligation and;
• Vulnerable persons (people 65 years or older, anyone sick, and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions) are encouraged to remain at home and join our online streaming Mass celebration.
• The Sacrament of Reconciliation will continue to be celebrated by appointment.
With that guidance in mind, there will be two outdoor Mass opportunities this weekend, weather permitting: 5PM Saturday at Surf City and; 9AM Sunday at Hampstead. Online-only livestream Mass is at 11AM.
Participants at outdoor Masses should:
• Bring and wear masks.
• Bring hand sanitizer.
• Bring your own lawn chairs; attendees will not be allowed to remain in their cars during outdoor Mass celebrations per diocesan guidance.
• Be aware that the distribution of Holy Communion will be by means of one species, the Sacred Body, and will only be distributed in the recipient’s hands.
• Note that out of our primary concern for safety, there will not be access available to restroom facilities at this time.
• Worship Aids are available on our website. Follow on your phone or please print and bring with you.
• Be aware that if there is inclement weather the outdoor Masses at both campuses will be cancelled.
Again, let me offer my sincere thanks for your faithful participation and continued service during the pandemic. We will soon provide more information about daily Mass and other future opening procedures.
I look forward to that time that we can all physically join together to grow in the grace of the Eucharist.