Governor Cuomo Announces Southern Tier Moves to Phase 2 Today
NYS has Now Issued Guidance by Industry Sector for Phase 2 Reopening
Phase 2 includes: Office, In-Store Retail, Vehicle Sales & Leasing, Retail Rentals, Repair & Cleaning, Real Estate, Commercial Property Management, and limited Salons & Barbershops.
Businesses and organizations expecting to reopen in Phase 2 must:
- Review your industry specific guidelines - all linked below in this email
- Develop plans and procure necessary supplies to adhere to the guidelines
- Create your Safety Plan and keep on premises (link to template below, or create your own plan)
- Ensure that your workforce understands and can follow the guidelines
- Affirm that you will operate in accordance with the guidelines
The Chamber recommends reading/digesting the guidance,
nsuring that you are prepared for reopening, and having your plan in place and ready to share - prior to taking any steps towards reopening.
Do not submit the affirmation until your business is ready to adhere to the guidelines.
However, if you opened in Phase 1, please adhere to the guidelines and submit your affirmation immediately.
Any non-compliant businesses will potentially put their business at risk by opening prior to meeting the guidelines - and be aware that you could have complaints filed against you for doing so.
Additionally, information for Phase 3 & 4 industry sectors will be shared as soon as it is available.
Beginning to use the existing guidelines/plans to formulate your plans is strongly encouraged.