YOU make our work possible!
Some of what we did over the past year include:
● PA Health Check Up, an in-depth symposium on health impacts of unconventional gas development;
● Advocacy for families in SW PA where a cluster of unusual childhood cancers has gone unaddressed by the PA Departments of Health and Environmental Protection;
● Code Red PA Gun Violence Coalition – we co-chair a state effort to bring the health professional voice to responsible gun ownership and gun violence prevention;
● Clean Energy and Health symposium brought leading speakers and environmentalists on clean energy laws, renewable energy and health in Pennsylvania;
● Electrification support with promotion of heat pumps and induction stoves;
● Weekly mentorship programs with young men at Abbottsford Homes;
● Testimony at the US EPA, state DEP and city on, a variety of environmental issues;
● Advocacy trainings at Drexel School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Jefferson University, Crozer Chester Medical Center, and Cooper Medical School. Leading the way to empower health professionals.