I hope your summer is full of fun, relaxation, and great memories with your kiddos!! I am about to leave on vacation with my family and hope to have fun, create some summer memories, be refreshed, and return on August 5 ready to get busy for the countdown to school starting!!
Some things that you can be thinking about before we return to class on September, 3!!
- We want to invite you to our back-to-school BBQ on Wednesday, August 28. Please watch for more information regarding time and other details as it get's closer.
- Teachers will be contacting you in the next few weeks to arrange home visits.
- We are looking for a few awesome volunteers!! If you are interested in any of the following, please contact me or the school office and we will fill you in on the details.
- Auction Chair
- Lego Robotics Coach
- Coaches or co-coaches for sports
- Student Leadership Coach
- Chess Coach
- Yearbook Editor
- Art Class is coming to Pilgrim!! Students in K-8th will have a dedicated art class with Sarah Olson. You know her as Chef Sarah, but did you also know she holds two degrees in art? She has a BFA with a concentration in Children's Illustration from the Parsons School of Design in New York and a BS from the Art Institute of Portland with a concentration in Structural Interior Design/Architecture. We are thrilled to launch this new and exciting art program.
- Ms. Gerling our new teacher for our multi-level 1st/2nd class is on her way to Oregon. We wish her safe travels and are so excited for her to arrive and get settled in at Pilgrim.
- Mrs. Hall, our 6th grade homeroom and middle school math teacher, has been busy setting up her classroom and planning for an awesome year.
- Victoria Kovalenko has been working hard all summer! You might know Victoria as William's mom from 5th grade. She began as our new Early Childhood Manager in June. Victoria (Mrs. K) has been doing an amazing job managing Camp Pilgrim and has already started planning for Kid's Club. If you have any questions about camp or Kid's Club, Victoria can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be in prayer for all our teachers and staff as they prepare for the upcoming year. They have been working hard all summer getting classrooms cleaned, organized, and planning for the upcoming year. They may have had a little fun too!!
- Be watching for some information to come your way. There will be an updated calendar to reflect the new start of the school year, Sept 3. and remember that school will start a little earlier this year. The doors will open at 7:45 and class will begin at 8:00.
Until September, we are so thankful for the gift of summer. We are thankful for ice cream cones, backyard barbecues, and sun-drenched memories.We hope to enjoy each moment of fun this summer and remember that our God has given us these blessings.
Looking forward to seeing you all relain our upcoming school year ~