Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA)
Transportation for Essential Workers Program
PSTA is implementing
the Essential Workers Program
program to help essential employees get to and from work during this period when bus service has been reduced to help fight the spread of COVID-19.
This program is for essential employers whose staff rely on PSTA, but can no longer get to or from work on the bus, either due to added hours or PSTA’s reduced service.
PSTA will work with these employers and their employees to get them to and from work on either Uber, United Taxi, or CareRide during hours and shifts when PSTA buses are not running.
How the program works:
- Employers are asked to contact PSTA through email@example.com.
- Agency staff will respond and help set up the best transportation options for the specific business and employees.
- PSTA will then send employees instructions on how to use the selected option.
- The service is FREE to essential businesses and employees through April 30, 2020.
- After that, and for as long as PSTA is forced to run a reduced service schedule because of the COVID-19 pandemic, employees or their employer will be responsible for a $20/month co-pay for the service.
- Employees who are already on or eligible for the Florida Transportation Disadvantaged program, will have a co-pay of only $9 for the service.
- The PSTA Essential Workers Program will end once PSTA resumes regularly scheduled bus service.