FRIDAY, September 21
Join us at the Flagpole
PEACE DAY is a celebration we take very seriously at Charter Oak. Each student Students make pinwheels which are placed around the playground. Please make time to join Charter Oak students as we honor PEACE DAY and listen as our children tell us what peace means to them.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: There are a few ways you can help our art teacher, Mrs. Drown, Ms. Murphy, Ms. Nelson and Mr. Regan with this project:
1) Assemble take-home packets (Friday 9/7, 11am).
2) Bring a take-home packet home - this involves preparing sticks and cutting paper, great for the whole family! (pickup Friday, 9/7 and returned by Tuesday, 9/11)
3) Help students during art class make their pinwheels the week of 9/11 - 9/17. Please see the art class schedule
so you can see when your child(ren) have class.
4) Assemble pinwheels at school the week of 9/11 - 9/17 during a class or anytime that works for you. This is an adult task as it involves pins and pliers
5) Help with the set up - "planting" dowels to stake the pinwheels (9/21, 7:45am)
Mrs. Drown is also seeking volunteers to help Pre-K and K during their art classes.
All volunteers should sign in at the main office then go to the art room.