As we move through the 4
th quarter of the year what are you noticing about your metrics?
If you have been completing the Monthly Daily Trackers, take a look at the patterns that have emerged.
Monthly daily trackers can be used in a number of different ways including these ways I have heard people use the trackers:
* To track amount of time spent on special tasks – i.e. the month of Nanowrimo (National Writing Month) is coming up – I’ll be using it to capture my word count (the goal of NANO is to write 50,000 words during the month)
* To focus on # of sales calls completed
* To note days design work (or other activities) are being undertaken
* To track WHEN revenue is coming in the door
* To identify and note HOW MUCH revenue is coming in the door (so including #s, not just a yes/no)
The Content Trackers can also be used to:
Note the one piece of content which is being shared, and noting WHERE it is shared (Monthly Content Trackers)
Using the One Line a Day to note how the day went, how they felt or major events or thoughts from the day. You could note a daily mantra, or a daily intention.
On a personal basis you might consider:
* Tracking exercise –noting things like steps per day or number of minutes of exercise
* Tracking time spent on getting things organized – many of us have a variety of organizing tasks which need to be completed.
Here’s a quick list of some of the metrics you may want to track:
- Website visits
- Sample Sessions
- Products Developed
- Speaking engagements
- Numbers of clients
- Hours Billed
- Net Profit
- Social visits
- # of books sold
- Operating Revenue
What else do you have metrics around? What else might you want to note?
This week carve out some time to notice your metrics. Ask yourself:
What do you notice in terms of patterns?
As you look at the list, what’s important?
What are the metrics you have easy access to?
What metrics do you want to start tracking?
What patterns do you notice?
What trends do you see over time?
How does it stack up to what you had planned or envisioned?