We are preparing to welcome you, our members back to the YMCA of Saginaw and will do so as soon as we are permitted to. We want to share some examples of the safety steps we are working on in preparation for your return:
- A Reopening Team Has Been Commissioned: Your YMCA has a committee made of YMCA Board members, Y Staff, Membership Committee members, and additional Y Members who are planning with consideration of resources provided by the CDC, State, and local health authorities to guide decision making.
- Data from YMCA's Opening Around the Country: The YMCA of Saginaw leadership team members are engaged with Y leaders from across the country to learn from the YMCA's that have already opened. Feedback from our Y peers will inform us on implementing a best practices approach based on statistics, data, and recommendations.
- Opening in Phases: When we are allowed to re-open we will open in phases with limited offerings initially. We will work thoughtfully through a continuum of “Plan. Prepare. Practice. Prove”. As we prove that we can operate safely and responsibly, we will extend our openings and offerings.
- Single Entry/Exit: To help us manage safety protocols, we will maintain a single entry/exit point.
- Regular Temperature Checks: Staff and members will receive temperature checks before entering the YMCA.
- Face Coverings for All Staff: All staff will be required to wear face coverings. Members are required to wear face coverings when entering, exiting, and moving about in the building, but not during an active workout.
- Self-Scan: Members will be asked to self-scan member cards to allow for limited contact entry.
- Designed for Social Distance: All open areas inside the Y have been reimagined and will be allocated to accommodate the greatest number of members with the greatest amount of equipment while ensuring social distance spacing. Signage will be placed prominently throughout the facility to drive awareness of this requirement.
- Preparing our Staff and Facilities: As they are called back to work, Y staff will be retrained for safety including member code of conduct and new operations that emphasize cleaning and disinfecting equipment and fixtures throughout our facilities. We will need and expect our members to do their part, too.
These are just a few of the ways we are preparing for the wellbeing of our staff, members, and community. As we get closer to opening we will continue to share updates on facility hours, what to expect when you arrive, planning before you leave home, and what members can do to support a safe environment for all.