First and foremost, we hope all of you, your family, and friends are safe and well. It has been almost 8 weeks since Good Bodies has had to close due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. It is hard to comprehend this length of inactivity. In the last 26 1/2 years of business there have been very few days, holidays included, when there wasn't at least something going on here. With personal services beginning to open up in Ohio this week, we believe we are close to getting the green light for resuming work. We wanted to fill you in on the policies and procedures we have developed to keep both our clients and staff safe when this happens. Here are some highlights:
- Staff are required to wear masks at anytime they are on a working floor or with a client. Masks are recommended but not required for clients.
- We have established a one way flow through the majority of the facility, including hallways, and creating designated entrance only and exit only doors.
- A thermal forehead thermometer and pulse oximeter will be stationed at our front desk for checking temperature and blood oxygen levels. Staff will be required to use both daily upon entry, a temperature above 100 degrees and/or pulse oximeter reading below 90 will require individual to notify management and leave the facility immediately. Clients are welcome to use these devices. Please see a staff member.
- Anyone exhibiting any Covid-19 related symptoms, client or staff, must not use the facility (fever, dry cough, body aches, chills, shortness of breath)
- We have reduced our total capacity by over 50% to maximize social distancing, with each individual room having a designated maximum number of individuals allowed at one time. Staff have been requested to maintain at least a 6' distance, or one machine, station, or cardio piece "buffer" between themselves and next working individual.
- Yoga and Pilates classes will remain virtual for now. Body Performance small group training will remain virtual until June 1st. After that date, sessions will be limited to 4 individuals in the group room with the rest participating virtually . Each individual attending Body Performance in person will have their own dedicated equipment to use. Group training will also be performed outside, weather permitting.
- All equipment will be cleaned and wiped down immediately after use. Some smaller items that are difficult to clean, such as those with porous surfaces, have been removed from the floor.
- Hand sanitizer is stationed around the facility and you are highly encouraged to wash your hands in the bath or shower rooms.
- Facility will be sanitized and disinfected at the end of work each day.
- Drinking fountains and water bottle filling stations will be out of use. Please bring your own water or purchase when arriving. We ask that you bring as little extra gear in to the facility as possible.
Full Facility walk-through highlighting these changes is
if you would like to take the tour
We have developed these procedures and policies based upon the published Federal and State of Ohio guidelines, as well as "best practices" being adopted by the fitness industry nationwide as facilities look to re-open. We will modify accordingly with any additional business-specific requirements the State or Board of Health might announce.
With all of this in mind, and as much as we have worked to cover every conceivable concern, we want to know what you need from us. What questions, comments, or concerns do you have? What will help make you feel safe and confident while in Good Bodies? We care, and we want to know. Contact us by
and we will follow up personally, by e-mail or a phone call, whichever you prefer.
Finally, since opening in 1994, we have held to an adage of "The best interests of the client come first". You have our word that will not change.
We hope to see you soon!
The Good Bodies Team