The pool is open! We had a smooth and successful opening weekend thanks to Lizzie, our pool manager, her great staff, and all the members who attended and supported the process. Members were able to maintain physical distancing and experience smooth transitions between blocks. Thank you (again!) to everyone who gave feedback and suggestions. Also, several members of the board spent part of the weekend looking at the SignUpGenius, analyzing its data and our process, and suggesting alternate solutions to enable our pool block supply to meet member demand, especially on the weekends. All to say, we have some adjustments to announce for the coming week:
- Since this weekend went so well and we feel additional people can attend while still maintaining physical distancing in the pool, we are increasing the number of people who can sign up for blocks. We will allow 90 people per block. We will continue to maintain 45 people in the main pool and 4 children in the baby pool. This arrangement should give ample opportunity for members to visit the pool each week.
- The SignUpGenius link will become active every Wednesday at 7:00pm for the coming weekend and week. Look for your timely email on Wednesday!
- Important change this week: Please limit your sign up to two (2) days during the week (Mon-Fri) and one (1) block on the weekend (Sat-Sun).
- As a reminder, sign up is first come, first served.
- You can sign up for open spots the same day you would like to come to the pool, even if this goes over your allotted number of slots. Just check SignUpGenius that morning, and reserve using the drop-down box to indicate number of people. There are still a number of spots available this week! See bdswimclub.com.
- While we discussed shortening blocks, we are keeping blocks at 2 hours each to ensure people have enough time to enjoy the pool.
- The SignUpGenius link will change weekly, at least for now, so we can post one week at a time and make adjustments as we go. We will communicate the link by email and then post it on our website.
- Remember to indicate the number of people coming to the pool, even if not swimming. Please indicate your headcount in the drop-down box, not in the comment section.
- Remember to cancel your sign-up slots if you are not able to attend. Everyone has been doing great with this-- thank you.
- Attention new members! Be on the lookout for a block of time just for you so that you can get to know each other!
- The Snack Bar will open on Saturday, June 6 (pre-packaged food only; no hot food until the following Saturday) and will accept credit card purchases only until further notice. Additional communication about establishing credit is forthcoming later this week.
- We are going to announce swim clinics later this week also-- stay tuned!
As a refresher from last week--
We appreciate everyone’s patience and support as we move through this new environment together. We all have an interest in making the Club a success, especially this summer, and it takes every member’s participation. Please read carefully below and speak to your children about following these important guidelines for the well-being of our membership:
- Hours of operation are Monday – Saturday, 10:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.; Sunday, 12:30 p.m.– 8 p.m.
- Based on Governor Cooper’s Executive Order, the pool shall be restricted to 45 swimmers in the main pool at any one time and 4 in the baby pool at any one time.
- The Board has elected to establish “Reservation Blocks” throughout each day.
- Monday-Saturday: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m, 1-3 p.m., 3:30-5:30 p.m., 6 -8:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 12:30-2:30 p.m., 3-5:30 p.m., 6-8 p.m.
- Advance reservations are required for usage. The sign-up link will be communicated by email and then posted on the homepage of bdswimclub.com.
- Adult swim only available Tuesday/Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 10 a.m. (no reservation required).
- Time between blocks is reserved for cleaning and sanitizing. All members must leave the pool facility on or before the scheduled closing time per block.
- No guests until further notice. Family members and caregivers only.
- No pool parties until further notice.
- Chairs are spaced out. Physical distancing for non-family members is required.
- Parents are responsible for enforcing physical distancing for their children; please remember that the age at which a child can be in the facility unattended is 10 years old.
- Each member must check-in at the registration desk prior to accessing the pool area.
- Please be mindful of other members wishing to use the facility and cancel your reservation as soon as you realize you will not be able to come during your block.
We have posted all COVID-19 updates on our
, and we will keep you informed as we adapt our operations. We look forward to providing a safe, healthy and fun environment for all to enjoy this summer. If you have any questions or concerns, please
Thank you for your cooperation!