Brooks Rehabilitation, one of the early adopters of CMS' post-acute bundled payment program, created its own path to success in the program around four domains, including selecting sites of service, standardization of patient assessment, longitudinal care planning and enhancing the role of the care navigator.
Brooks launched its Model 3 Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI) initiative in October 2013; its Model 2 in January 2014, finishing its first year with over 1,000 bundled episodes for total hip replacements, total knee replacements and hip fractures.
During Bundled Payments for Post-Acute Care: Four Critical Paths To Success, a 45-minute webinar on July 22nd at 1:30 p.m. Eastern, Debbie Reber, MHS, OTR, vice president of clinical services, Brooks Rehabilitation, will share the inside details on these four domains and the resulting, significant savings that Brook achieved through the BPCI program.
Register for the webinar today or order your training DVD or CD:
You will learn how Brooks Rehabilitation:
- Operationalized its four BPCI domains across its continuum of care;
- Developed an in-house, electronic tracking tool, the Brooks Care Compass, a data repository that pulls from electronic medical records to provide clinicians and care navigators the data they need to manage episodes of care;
- Achieved success through the bundled payment programs, including reductions in total cost of care and improvements in quality metrics -- patient-reported function, readmissions and the patient experience;
- Addressed challenges in the implementation process, including the need for continuous training, developing a mechanism for staff feedback and defining the roles of nurse navigators and non-nurse navigators in the program; and
- Leveraged its experience in bundled payments with new episodes of care launched in April of this year and early insight into how these bundles are performing, as well as additional revenue opportunities based on its BPCI experience.
You can "attend" this program right in your office. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to participate in the conference. We will send you a login to access the webinar or a DVD or CD-ROM of the conference proceedings once it's available for shipping.
You'll also have the opportunity to have all of your questions answered by Debbie Reber during the interactive question and answer session. You'll get answers to your questions and challenges on bundling payments for post-acute care.
To register for the conference, the on-demand re-broadcast or MP3 download file or order the training DVD or CD-ROM of Bundled Payments for Post-Acute Care: Four Critical Paths To Success, please visit:
I hope you find it useful.
Executive Vice President
The Healthcare Intelligence Network
P.S. -- You may also be interested in these resources: