Postponement Options
Fountainhead Half Marathon and 10K

Good afternoon -  
I hope this email finds you and yours safe and healthy.
Without a doubt, it has been a stressful few weeks for all of us.  After much anticipation and excitement for our Fountainhead Half Marathon and 10K (one of our FAVORITE races of the year!!), we were extremely disappointed to have to postpone it because of COVID-19 pandemic and state of Virginia stay at home order that is in place through June 10th.  I know you were disappointed as well as you were registered for this race.

The postponement date is Sunday September 27, 2020.
EX2 Adventures is celebrating our 20th anniversary this year and has put on over 280 events.  This year, we have a race calendar filled with 18 cycling, trail running, and multi-sport events.  So far this year, we have had to postpone or cancel six of our first seven races and more might be cancelled in the very near future. All of our events impact each other as many costs are shared across our events during the year.  In addition, many race-specific costs are expended many weeks and months before a race ever takes place. 
EX2 has largely had the same postponement and cancellation policy since its founding.  It says that if a race is postponed and the racer can't make the new date, then they receive 100% credit to another race.  This is also the case if a race is cancelled. This policy always results in a financial loss for EX2, but we believe the credit policy treats our athletes fairly.  Many races across the county do not provide any race credit, deferral, or refund options at all and others charge a fee to defer. 
The COVID-19 pandemic will have a very negative impact on the financial health of EX2.  With that said, we understand that this situation will be extremely difficult for most small businesses, individuals, and families.  For these reasons, we have modified our normal policies to allow more flexibility.
With regard to your race entry, you have three options on how to proceed.
Option #1 (default):  Come race on the new date of September 27th.   If you would like this option, then  you  do not need to do anything .   You do NOT need to reply to this email.

Option #2 :  If you cannot run on the new date, then you can receive 100% credit of your entry fee towards another EX2 running race of equal or lesser value.  This includes the Fountainhead race in 2021.    This credit is good through the end of the 2021  season.
Option #3:  If you cannot run on the new date, then you can receive a 50% refund of your entry fee.  This refund will be placed back on the credit card that you used to register.  I sincerely wish the refund option could be more, but to do so would add significant long-term financial risk to EX2 in these unique times.
I'll assume you are coming to the new race date on September 27th unless I hear from you that you'd like to select option #2 (credit) or option #3 (50% refund). 

If you'd like to select either or those options, just reply to this email and let me know which one you choose.   Please let me know by April 17th.

You may be thinking...well what about a virtual race?  We are currently pilot testing a virtual format for one of our cancelled Backyard Burns.  If that test is successful, then we'll consider adding a virtual option for the Fountainhead race.  However, this virtual option is separate and apart from the options above.  The virtual race would be for fun only and designed to help you stay active and motivated during this strange time.

By helping each other, we will weather this storm, and come out better on the other side.  Thank you for your support of EX2.  Take good care of yourself and your family.

If you have any concerns at all about the options above, or just want to say hello, please contact me.

Hang in there.  Stay safe and healthy, and keep running!

Andy Bacon
Race Director/Owner
EX2 Adventures
Race with EX2


EX2 Adventures |