Greetings MLS Families,
I hope your first week of school in 2021 went well. Please remember that although you are remote, all students are required to complete the Daily Health Screening prior to first period each day.
8th and 12th grade Parents/Guardians - If you didn't respond to the text/email that was sent on New Year's Eve regarding how your child's name is to appear on their diploma, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Amen Clinics is presenting a workshop on “Parenting During Uncertain Times” and it’s happening LIVE on Tuesday, January 12th at 8 PM. They will provide solutions to current challenges facing families including:
- Parenting in the age of COVID-19
- Helping kids with anxiety, depression, worry and stress
- Helping kids stay motivated in virtual school
- Dealing with challenging behaviors
- Long-term effective parenting strategies
- Caring for your own mental health
The month of January is as follows:
- The week of January 11th is fully remote, meaning all students login from home daily.
- Cohort B will return to the building on January 19th. Cohort A will return to the building on January 20th, and so on.
- The week of January 25th is midterms for year long high school classes, and finals for semester long high school classes. Students will be informed by their teacher if there is a midterm or final for that course. For the safety of our students, all midterm and final exams will be REMOTE. Students that have an IEP will be allowed to take their exams in the building with Ms. Martin.
- Your family at MLS recognizes that we are living through unprecedented times, therefore, we have made a change to our school policy for midterms this academic year. All students, grades 9 - 12, may be exempt from a midterm/final if they have an 85 (average of Quarter 1 and Quarter 2) or higher average in that class. Students will be informed by their teacher if they are exempt!!! Students are not to assume that they are exempt without being told so by their teacher.
- Middle School will have a regular schedule Monday the 25th - Thursday the 28th.
- There is no school on Friday the 29th for ALL grades.
A reminder to our hybrid students to get their COVID testing done according to the cycle shared earlier. Please communicate your date of testing and submit your results to Ms. Boyle.
Please submit documentation if you haven't already:
Dec. 9 - 18 Last Name A - D
The following group is next:
Jan. 18 - 25 Last Name E - L
- Parents please remember to check your email and blackbaud messages frequently.
- Students must remain on camera throughout the day, for each and every class.
- Students must submit work using their blackbaud account. Students should not email an assignment that a teacher instructed them to submit on blackbaud.
- Students must sign up for at least one college fair. There are many links posted on the Counselor Corner on Blackbaud.
- Students must submit the daily health screening sent out by Ms. Boyle each morning.
- Zoom codes can be found on Blackbaud on each class page. In the event a teacher is absent, an assignment will be posted on Blackbaud under their class page.
Have a great week,