Greetings MLS Families,
We are excited to have our students back in the building starting Tuesday! Cohort B returns to the building on Tuesday the 19th, Cohort A on Wednesday the 20th and so on. Please keep in mind all travel restrictions apply so be mindful of where you have been and adhere to the quarantine policies set by the state.
The week of January 25th is midterms for year long high school classes, and finals for semester long high school classes. Students will be informed by their teacher if there is a midterm or final for that course. For the safety of our students, all midterm and final exams will be REMOTE. Students that have an IEP will be allowed to take their exams in the building with Ms. Martin. As mentioned in prior post, we recognize that we are living through unprecedented times, therefore, we have made a change to our school policy for midterms this academic year. All students, grades 9 - 12, may be exempt from a midterm/final if they have an 85 (average of Quarter 1 and Quarter 2) or higher average in that class. Students will be informed by their teacher if they are exempt!!! Students are not to assume that they are exempt without being told so by their teacher. The Midterm Schedule can be found below.
Middle School will have a regular schedule Monday the 25th - Thursday the 28th. There is no school on Friday the 29th for ALL grades.
An email regarding your Quarter 3 Choice of Instructional Learning Model was sent out on 1/11. If you did NOT complete it already, please do so by tomorrow, January 18th. It is important that you Submit a choice for each child only ONCE. Use the following link to complete: Quarter 3 Choice of Instruction
The Amen Clinics is presenting a workshop on “Parenting During Uncertain Times” and it’s happening LIVE on Tuesday, January 12th at 8 PM. They will provide solutions to current challenges facing families including:
- Parenting in the age of COVID-19
- Helping kids with anxiety, depression, worry and stress
- Helping kids stay motivated in virtual school
- Dealing with challenging behaviors
- Long-term effective parenting strategies
- Caring for your own mental health
A reminder to our hybrid students to get their COVID testing done according to the cycle shared earlier. Please communicate your date of testing and submit your results to Ms. Boyle.
The following groups are next:
Jan. 18 - 25 Last Name E - L
Jan. 26 - Feb. 2 Last Name M - Q
Feb. 3 - Feb. 12 Last Name R - Z
- Parents please remember to check your email and blackbaud messages frequently.
- Students must remain on camera throughout the day, for each and every class.
- Students must submit work using their blackbaud account. Students should not email an assignment that a teacher instructed them to submit on blackbaud.
- Students must sign up for at least one college fair. There are many links posted on the Counselor Corner on Blackbaud.
- Students must submit the daily health screening sent out by Ms. Boyle each morning.
- Zoom codes can be found on Blackbaud on each class page. In the event a teacher is absent, an assignment will be posted on Blackbaud under their class page.
Schedule for the Week of January 18th
1/18 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - No School
1/19 - Cohort B & C in school, Cohort A & D at home
1/20 - Cohort A & C in school, Cohort B & D at home
1/21 - Cohort B & C in school, Cohort A & D at home
1/22 - Cohort A & C in school, Cohort B & D at home
Lunch Menu for the Week of 1/19
Tuesday: Stuff shells with Garlic bread
Wednesday: Burritos & french fries
Thursday: Chicken Marsala and mashed potatoes
Friday: Sausage and peppers with Rice
Have a great week,