Get Ready For A Freezing Cold &
Blazing Fast Race Day!!
- Friday from 2:00 - 6:00 PM at Bob Ward's in Missoula
- Saturday from 9:00 - 10:30 AM at the Seeley Lake Elementary School Gym
- Consider picking up your packet on Friday afternoon to avoid the rush on race morning (and stay in your warm car or school gymnasium just a little bit longer)!
- Do you have friends or family that haven't registered yet? No problem!
- Registration will be available in person at packet pickup on Friday and Saturday
- Registration will also be available online via RunSignUp through 10:00 AM on race morning (Click HERE for online registration)
Registration & Packet Pickup Cutoff: In order to start the race on time, registration and packet pickup will be closed at 10:30 AM Sharp. Please allow sufficient time to travel to Seeley Lake and arrive in time to meet the deadline.
Start/Finish Location: Seeley Lake Elementary School, 200 School Lane
Race Start: 11:00 AM
A course map can be found on the Race Info page - click
We expect Highway 83 to be a mix of light snow cover & bare pavement. The section along Boy Scout Road will be plowed; but, it will be snow covered and could include icy sections or sections of loose snow. Be prepared for a wide variety of footing conditions.
Course Safety: As a rule, please plan to run on the left side of the road (facing traffic), as close to the shoulder as possible. This is especially true on Highway 83.
Although pilot cars will be helping to direct traffic on Highway 83, the road will be open to traffic. Please stay to the left.
Boy Scout Road is open to traffic. You can expect to see local traffic and vehicles with snowmobile trailers. Please stay left and watch for oncoming traffic.
Aid Station #2 will be on the right side of the road. Please use caution when switching sides of the road before and after the aid station.
You will run on the right side of the highway in the last 800 meters as you return to the school. Please stay as close to the shoulder as possible and follow the directions of course marshals and law enforcement.
- Race morning weather is expected to be in the single digits to low teens; and, warming to the high 20's. There is a chance for light snow.
- The National Weather Service forecast can be found HERE
- Please remember, this race takes place in Montana in February. Be prepared for all types of weather (cold, snow, sleet, etc.). Be prepared for potentially slippery surfaces, uneven surfaces, and loose sand, gravel, and snow.
- Be sure to dress appropriately for running 13.1 miles in Montana winter weather. And, be sure to bring some dry, warm clothes to change into post-race.
- We always encourage carpooling!
- There is limited parking available at the Seeley Lake Elementary School.
- Additional parking is available on surrounding streets.
- Please do not park near the start and finish lines (look for no parking signs)
- Please do not block driveways or fire hydrants; and, please do not park in the parking lots of private businesses.
- Portable toilets will be available near the start line and toilets are available inside the school
- A portable toilet will also be available at or near each aid station.
- Please allow enough time to get through the toilet line before the race starts
Tee Shirts & Merchandise:
- If you did not pre-purchase a participant shirt, they will be available on Saturday only (in the school gym) on a first-come, first-served basis at a price of $25 each.
- We'll also have some other merchandise available including beanies, fleece headbands, hand warmers and 2018 race shirts.
Dogs & Strollers:
- Canines are permitted in this race. Please position you and your dog to the side or back of the pack so that other runners don't become tangled in your dog's leash.
- Your dog must be leashed and under control at all times; and, please pick up (and properly dispose of) your puppy's droppings.
- We do ask that you do not bring your dog into the gym.
- Strollers are welcome; but, we do ask that you start near the back of the pack and be especially cautious when maneuvering around fellow runners and walkers. Please take weather and road conditions into consideration when deciding whether or not to bring your stroller to this event - pushing a stroller may be quite challenging on the 7+ miles of Boy Scout Road.
- Don't forget to share your race day photos on social media!
- Use the hashtag #SnowJokeHalfMarathon and tag @runwildmissoula and @missoulian
Come To Run - Stay For The Local Hospitality.
After finishing your race, be sure to check out the local businesses. The Seeley Lake Chamber of Commerce site can be found
. Start your post-race activities with a free beer or non-alcoholic beverage courtesy of The Filling Station; or, pick up some travel snacks at Cory's Village Market.
Bib Number Sponsor
Virtual Race Bag Sponsor