Preparations for Tropical Storm Laura and Tropical Depression Fourteen
LA HAP has worked with Ramsell to authorize a temporary early refill for all LA HAP clients from Saturday, August 22nd through Tuesday, September 8th. Any client statewide may request an early fill in advance of evacuating their residence and/or due to a lost medication following flooding or temporary displacement from their residence as a result of the storm. It will be available to all eligible clients residing in all 64 parishes until the time that a proclamation is approved by the Governor.
All LA HAP network pharmacies have been informed of this policy. LA HAP clients who have been displaced may visit any pharmacy in the LA HAP network. Insured clients must also stay within their insurer's network. Uninsured clients must stay within the uninsured network (written in blue on the network list).
If your client’s pharmacy is not operational or has had damage to the medications in stock:
- Clients who visit the same pharmacy chain but in a different location (such as Walgreens or Avita) should inform the pharmacist of their situation and provide the information of their regular pharmacy so the prescription can be appropriately transferred.
- Clients who normally patronize a local, non-chain pharmacy will likely need to contact their physician in order to initiate a fill of their prescription at a new pharmacy. Often, this transfer can be done over the phone.
- Avita New Orleans: 504-822-8013
- Avita Baton Rouge: 225-924-1930
- Reliant Healthcare: 318-322-8326
The LA HAP office is operating as usual at this time, with staff reachable by phone and email. The HIP office remains open and operational at this time. We will keep you informed of any closures as they are announced. Fax lines remain open at this time. Please stay safe!