Dear Cushing Families,
We look forward to connecting virtually with many of you later this week via webinars we are hosting to prepare students to transition to remote learning (see links to the webinars at the end of this email). We will be available to address any number of questions then, but we wanted to share some of the basic parameters of the approach being adopted to support students in this process in advance.
The faculty are working diligently to be ready for Day 1 (Monday, April 6), and here is a general overview of what students can anticipate:
- Seven weeks of virtual learning (progressing in modular units)
- Spring Project/Portfolio (in lieu of a final exam) in each class
- Three hours of instruction each week (scheduled across three periods), with at least one hour/period taking place asynchronously
- Any class meeting synchronously will be recorded and made available for those who are unable to participate
- Students will receive a weekly Engagement Grade
- Students will earn letter grades in each class successfully completed, along with full credits
- Regular access to faculty members during standing daily Office Hours (Monday/Wednesday before school; Tuesday/Thursday after school; Friday morning; evenings by appointment)
- Two Advisory Meetings each week
- Support from faculty members, making sure that students have access to the necessary resources (including books and textbooks) to fulfill course expectations
All of these bullet points will be explained in far greater detail during the webinars, and a recording will be made available over the weekend for anyone unable to participate.
We look forward to your continued partnership as we work to bring the academic year to a meaningful close.
Director of Academic Affairs
39 School Street
Ashburnham, MA 01430