ear Presbytery Family,
We thank you for your continuing efforts to worship and serve God in ways that carefully safeguard life and health, with special care for most vulnerable among us. We recognize that sessions have authority to oversee and approve public worship in the life of a congregation.
We urge you to plan carefully as you
consider the conditions that would allow future in-person gatherings.
In your prayerful discernment:
- Here is a link from the PC(USA) to assist all of us in intentional reflection and deliberate action. It will be important to think carefully about who we are called to be “on the other side of this.” This time of reentry presents a chance to nurture new habits of Christian faith, life, and worship. Our forms and practices of worship are not an end in themselves; they are a means to help move us more deeply into intimate communion with God in Christ.
- The CDC has released new decision making guidelines for reopening various establishments. Our COVID-19 Resource page includes links for daycare / preschools, camps, school and workplaces.
Other presbytery news and resources:
- You are invited to the service of Ordination of Forrest Wofford Foxworth on Sunday, May 31st at 4 pm – wherever you are. This is the announcement link. With the ability to connect by Zoom, this may be the most well attended ordination we've had in a long time!
- Here is a link to a new Prayer Request and Devotion page which is now part of the Presbytery website, which is www.staugpres.org.
- May is Mental Health Month! Visit our Comfort My People webpage for numerous resources to care for ourselves and our community.
- Here is a link to the current and comprehensive COVID-19 information posted on our website. You can find here information about spiritual nourishment, meeting community needs, education and faith formation, digital worship, and much more.
More updates and information will be shared as we move forward in faith together. We continue to pray with Almighty God for our world’s health and wholeness.
May the Lord’s grace and peace abide with you,
Diane Wilson, Chair of Coordinating Council
Edd Norris, Moderator of the Presbytery
Sandra Hedrick, Stated Clerk
Chris Lieberman, Relationship Coordination Director
On Behalf of the Coordinating Council