Dear Presbytery Family,
Each week we hear of the many ways your living faith expresses itself in and beyond our 58 congregations.
We wish to commend you for your continuing and faithful responses during the pandemic as we worship God while loving and protecting our neighbors. At this time, the
Presbytery Coordinating Council strongly recommends that local congregations continue to suspend in-person gatherings. We encourage pastors and sessions to carefully consider the conditions that would allow future gatherings. Our locations and circumstances are different, but we are always
united as a community of faith, hope, love, and witness.
Particular things to highlight this week include:
- Here is a link to a new Prayer Request and Devotion page which is now part of the Presbytery website, which is www.staugpres.org.
- Information from the PC(USA) about a provisional timeline for resuming public worship and additional resources to assist all of us in making faithful and responsible decisions.
- We know there is a culture of generosity among Presbyterians who recognize God as the giver of all good gifts and respond as grateful stewards of all that is entrusted to our care. Individuals seeking to contribute directly to the mission and ministry of our presbytery may now do so online. Here is a link.
- In this time of heightened anxiety when we are constantly responding to new demands, the presbytery wants to joyfully affirm that we are a community of comfort. The PC(USA) Mental Health Ministry, and Susan Lee, LCSW, as our Mental Health Coach, remind us that May is Mental Health Month! Visit our Comfort My People webpage for numerous resources to care for ourselves and our community. The weekly Wellness Wednesday Newsletter and other resources encourage us to exercise the spiritual gifts of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and faithfulness. (Galatians 5:22)
- Here is a link to the current and comprehensive COVID-19 information posted on our website.
Beyond our physical distancing, there is the spiritual embrace that sustains us in getting through this together.
We care about you and want you to know that leaders in the presbytery are ready to support you, talk over concerns, and respond to your needs. If you need help please call. Contact information for real people, who really care about you, is listed here -
Presbytery Contact People
More updates and information will be shared as we move forward in faith together. We continue to pray with Almighty God for our world’s health and wholeness.
May the Lord’s grace and peace abide with you,
Diane Wilson, Chair of Coordinating Council
Edd Norris, Moderator of the Presbytery
Sandra Hedrick, Stated Clerk
Chris Lieberman, Relationship Coordination Director
On Behalf of the Coordinating Council