What is Pacific Landscape Management doing to help you proactively manage this issue?
PLM's Emerald Ash Borer Response Plan
Identify and inventory vulnerable Ash trees
- Your Account Manager will notify you if you have Ash trees on your property.
- The quantity and the size of the Ash trees will be inventoried.
Budget based on the two mitigation options:
Small trees - Remove and replace.
- Trees that are less than 8" in diameter should be removed.
- We recommend replacement with a comparable tree species.
- In the long term, the cost to remove and replace will be more cost effective than using preventative measures.
Large or valuable trees - Apply treatments to prevent damage or destruction.
- For trees that are more than 8" in diameter, treatments are likely the most cost effective strategy.
- Treatments are effective for two years, and repeat applications will happen on a two year rotation
- The price for each treatment is based on the size of the tree.
Continue to monitor tree health, schedule follow-up treatments, and reevaluate the overall strategy as needed.
**Areas that are within close proximity of a confirmed
EAB infestation are currently being triaged and prioritized.**