Public Safety & Social Services Resources
If you see someone in non-emergency distress, the
Capitol Hill Metropolitan Improvement District Outreach (MID)
team operates from 8:30 AM-5:00 PM. Call
See litter, illegal dumping, graffiti or sharps? Download the
Find it Fix it app
This app is a new platform to report a variety of issues to the City of Seattle. It is available for
Need to report a crime? The
Seattle Police Department is here to help:
- Emergencies: If you see or experience a crime, or one in progress, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Non-emergencies: If the crime happened a while ago and there is no direct danger to you or another person, please call the police non-emergency line at (206) 625-5011 or submit a report online.
- You can also call the non-emergency line and ask for a welfare check if you see someone who needs help.
- Follow SPD Tweets by Beat to receive updates in your "beat."
Smell smoke or need to report a fire?
The mission of the
Seattle Fire Department is to save lives and protect property:
- To report a fire, smoke, or other emergency, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- For non-emergencies and general SFD inquiries call (206) 386-1400.
SEATTLE CITY LIGHT SCAM ALERT
Scam Alert: Spot It, Report It, Stop It
Earlier this month a ratepayer reported a potential scam situation when an individual claiming to be from Seattle City Light attempted to extort funds for an unpaid bill. Seattle City Light shared this information on their website and we encourage you to share it with your staff.
Seattle City Light wants to empower and protect customers from falling victim to scam attacks. City Light customers, and utility customers around the nation, have been receiving calls by scammers posing as utility employees threatening to shut off power if a payment is not immediately made. The scammers are targeting elderly, non-English speaking customers and business owners. City Light is working proactively to educate customers about how to recognize, prepare for, and prevent them from falling victim to scam attacks.
Don't let it happen to you.
- Learn how to spot a scam attack and recognize our process on the Scam Alert page
- Report a scam and see what other City Light customers are reporting on the Report a Scam page
- Suspect a scam? Call Customer Care Center at 206-684-3000