- Input Health: The Input Health COVID-19 Navigation Tool will be launching in Oxford on April 14. Patients will be able to perform a self-assessment at covid19checkup.ca, and if they meet criteria, will have an opportunity to book a phone appointment with their PCP or an on-call physician. The tool also lets local public health agencies compile valuable information about probable cases in the community who may not qualify for testing. If you are interested in signing up for Input Health for your own practice, please email email@example.com with your name, CPSO/CNO #, county of practice, and mobile phone number. A demo video for the Input Health navigation tool can be found here. We are working on integrating this tool into the telephone triage line based out of Woodstock Hospital - more to come on this soon!
- Temporary Practice Change for Death Certificates: please see a memo from Dr. Jitin Sondhi, SW Palliative Care Lead
- Updated testing criteria: click here for the most recent provincial testing criteria, as well as the swabbing criteria used locally at the Woodstock Hospital Assessment Centre
- Prescription Renewals: All pharmacists are currently directed to fill 30 day supply only. Here's a message you could use with your patients to help explain this: "I renewed your usual 3 months of medication but your pharmacist is only allowed to give you 30 days right now to ensure there is enough for everyone. The refills will be there when you need them and they will give you more when they are able to."
- Sanitizing/Cleaning Your Office Space: The American Chemistry Council's Center for Biocide Chemistries has compiled a list of suitable cleaning products that can be used during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Local PPE Warehouse - now live! If you are facing urgent PPE shortages, please access the Ontario Health West portal to submit your request for PPE to our local Oxford warehouse. More information will be sent out regarding the PPE hub in a separate email.
- PPE Training - Virtual Town Hall: A virtual PPE Town Hall was held on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 to discuss when PPE is needed, how to use it (proper masking, gloving, gowning), and proper disposal. Q&A with Dr. Mario Elia. Click here for the link to watch the session and view the Power Point Presentation.
Practice Management, Billing and HR
- Virtual Care During the COVID-19 Pandemic - Town Hall: A Town Hall on Virtual Care was held on Thursday April 9, 2020 to help providers understand what tools can be used for virtual care, how to assess the potential COVID-19 patient and how to bill OHIP for virtual assessments. A recording will be posted on our website shortly and you can view the Power Point Presentation.
- Input Health Navigation Tool: patients can visit covid19checkup.ca to complete an online self-assessment that will provide them with direction on management of their symptoms, or if needed, book a phone appointment with their PCP or on-call physician.
- Assessment Centre and 1-855 #: please click here for the media release for the Woodstock Hospital Assessment Centre and dedicated phone line
Self-Care for Family Physicians
- OMA PHP has some initiatives -- check details in a recent OMA email
- You can call PHP and be connected with your own individual health care provider
- Call OMA PHP for confidential support at 1-800-851-6606 (Monday to Friday 8:45am-5:00pm)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Several Toronto psychiatrists are offering
for physicians every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 8:00 pm.
"Drop in and learn short mindfulness practices to help find calm in the midst of challenge. Relax, recharge and learn how to incorporate moments of mindfulness into your day. Optional discussion to follow. From us and for us: No OHIP numbers are required. This is not treatment or therapy."