- Prescription Renewals: All pharmacists are currently directed to fill 30 day supply only. Here's a message you could use with your patients to help explain this: "I renewed your usual 3 months of medication but your pharmacist is only allowed to give you 30 days right now to ensure there is enough for everyone. The refills will be there when you need them and they will give you more when they are able to."
- Sanitizing/Cleaning Your Office Space: The American Chemistry Council's Center for Biocide Chemistries has compiled a list of suitable cleaning products that can be used during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Personal Protective Equipment
See the separate email I sent regarding PPE reporting and ordering yesterday.
PPE Training - Virtual Town Hall
A virtual PPE Town Hall was held on
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
to discuss when PPE is needed, how to use it (proper masking, gloving, gowning), and proper disposal. Q&A with Dr. Mario Elia.
for the link to watch the session and
view the Power Point Presentation
Message from STEGH re: Immunizations
In order to offer our mutual patients the best possible protection from respiratory disease during these challenging times, St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital has been reviewing currently admitted patients on a case-by-case basis with the aim of administering both pneumococcal and
influenza vaccinations where appropriate. To limit duplicate vaccinations, we will be requesting information via a faxable form. Please have your staff fill in vaccination dates and fax back. They will in turn send you back notification that your patient was immunized when in hospital so you can keep your records updated.
If you wish to reach a specialist for a phone consult or advice,
call 519-637-3236, press 0
for switchboard and ask for the specialty on call. Remember you and the specialist can bill for telephone consults (even before COVID-19!)
Self-Care for Physicians and Other Providers
- OMA PHP has some initiatives -- check details in a recent OMA email
- You can call PHP and be connected with your own individual health care provider
- Call OMA PHP for confidential support at 1-800-851-6606 (Monday to Friday 8:45am-5:00pm)
- Email: email@example.com
- Several Toronto psychiatrists are offering mindfulness sessions for physicians every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 8:00 pm. "Drop in and learn short mindfulness practices to help find calm in the midst of challenge. Relax, recharge and learn how to incorporate moments of mindfulness into your day. Optional discussion to follow. From us and for us: No OHIP numbers are required. This is not treatment or therapy."
- Mondays 8-830 with Dr Diane Meschino starting March 30th Email: Diane.Meschino@wchospital.ca for more information or simply join the Zoom session Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/6132246869 Meeting ID: 613 224 6869
- Tuesdays 8-830pm with Dr Jennifer Hirsch starting March 24th Email: Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or simply join the Zoom session Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/148527614 Meeting ID: 148 527 614
- Wednesdays 8-830pm with Dr Mary Elliott starting March 25th Email Mary.Elliott@uhn.ca for more information simply join the Zoom session Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/9482159624 Meeting ID: 948 215 9624
- Thursdays 8-830pm with Dr Orit Zamir starting March 26th Email Orit.Zamir@sinaihealth.ca for more information or simply join the Zoom session Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/302330041 Meeting ID: 302 330 041
- For individual support, or to suggest an additional time for mindfulness in the week, please contact Dr Diane Meschino at: email@example.com
For Any Health Care Providers:
- From the Psychologist's Association. “If a front line health service provider would like to contact a psychologist, they can go to English: https://cpa.ca/corona-virus/psychservices/ or French: https://cpa.ca/fr/corona-virus/psychservices/ where they will find a listing of psychologists who have volunteered to provide psychological services to them at no charge. The listing of psychologists is organized into province and territory. It is important that the provider chooses a psychologist who is on the list in the province or territory in which the provider is located. The psychologists on the listing have agreed to return calls for requests for service within 24 hours of their receipt.”