Mask Exemption Note Requests
Many patients are asking for notes to exempt them from wearing a mask. Here are some resources to help you respond to these requests.
- The Canadian Thoracic Society statement advising masks for those with lung conditions and confirming that mask use dose not exacerbate lung conditions can be found here.
- Asthma Canada offers tips for wearing a face mask when you have asthma here.
- This Psychology Today article offers some tips for wearing a mask if it triggers anxiety here.
- A handout for desensitizing to anxiety from wearing a mask can be found here.
- Tips for people with developmental disabilities are here.
- A strategy for those who wear glasses can be found here.
- Tips to help kids wear masks from are here and here.