Welcome to Our Principal for Grades 5-8
Effective July 1, 2018
"We will pursue what inspires us and live a life inspired. We will not get stagnant, nor give up on our dreams, or settle just where we are. We will persevere despite challenges that may come our way, knowing that living inspired will inspire countless others. We will keep God as our inspiration who is at the center of all we do today, tomorrow and always!"
Dear St. Junipero Serra Catholic School parents and benefactors,
The success of our Charism, Vision and Mission depends on all of us working together, and I personally remain eternally grateful to each family and benefactor who has chosen St. Serra to educate your child and to support with your precious time, talent and treasure. We are who we are today and who we will be tomorrow for the students we serve because of each of you. A humble and heartfelt thank you.
Moving forward to the 2018-19 school year, I am honored to announce that Mrs. Alison Daley, current principal at St. Polycarp School in the Diocese of Orange, will be our new Principal for grades 5-8. Mrs. Daley has had a long and distinguished career in Catholic education beginning in the Diocese of San Diego. In 2002, Mrs. Daley joined us as a Middle School teacher in ELA and a leader in the development of our Advanced Plus and Small Group Accommodated programs. Mrs. Daley spent 12 years as a teacher at St. Serra while completing her second Masters Degree in Education. In 2014 Mrs. Daley was appointed as Principal to St. Polycarp and has remained committed to the success of St. Polycarp students over the past 4 years. We at St. Serra are both grateful and honored that she has chosen to return to the school she loves to partner with Mrs. Reiss and myself to continue to move us forward.
In light of the personnel changes and after consulting with advisors, I have adjusted our governance structure to ensure success in all departments that serve our students, our parents and our community. This governance model below is presented to you after review with our Diocese of Orange and members of administration here at St Serra.
- President, Angeline Trudell
- Principal Preschool- Grade 4, Carol Reiss
- Principal Grades 5-8, Alison Daley
- Assistant Principal Preschool to Grade 4(New Position), Ellen Burrola
- Assistant Principal Grades 5-8 (Revised Responsibilities), Julie Radzai
- Vice President Operations and Human Resources, Anna Merrill
- Vice President Advancement, Gina Kerley
- Vice President Information Systems, Kathy Tonokawa
- Vice President Finance, Mary Kate Marconi
- Vice President Parent Services, Debbie Dubeau
- Vice President Marketing, Corey Overton. This position will oversee Marketing, Communications and Admissions.
We are moving forward into our 23rd year to serve as a Catholic Christ-centered school dedicated to:
- 4 parishes and the Diocese of Orange
- 185+ staff members
- 600+ families
- 1050 students Preschool to Grade 8
- A facility of over 153,000 square feet including our new wings
- An innovative, challenging and comprehensive curriculum
- $15MM budget
Leadership accepts these challenges and the desire to work with each family for the success of your children. I pray for your continued support as we move forward... Siempre Adelante.
God is good...all the time
With humble gratitude I serve,
Mrs. Angeline Trudell
President, St. Junipero Serra Catholic School