As we prepare for the Christmas Eve services led by our students in Grades 1-8, here are a few notes:
- The church and school will not open until 3:00 on Christmas Eve.
- Students arriving before 3:45 must stay with their families until this time.
- At 3:45, students in Grades 1-4 should report to their classrooms, ringers and singers in Grades 5-8 report to the robe room and then go to Fellowship Hall, and pageant participants report to the sacristy.
- Children in Grades 1-4 are asked to wear dress clothes, but do not need to wear white on top and dark on bottom.
- Singers and ringers in Grades 5-8 are asked to wear comfortable dress shoes, and dress clothes that will not be too hot under their choir robe.
Students in Grades 5-8 participating in both services should go to Fellowship Hall between services for a snack. Students in Grades 1-4 participating in both services will have a snack brought to their classroom.
Bill Koehne, Principal
December 14, 2018
Sunday Church Services, 8:30 & 11:00am
Sunday School & Adult Education, 9:45am
Monday Before school Recorder Club, 7:30am
Basketball practice, Girls’ Varsity 3:00-4:45pm, Boys’ Varsity 4:30-6:00pm
Tuesday Basketball practice, Girls’ JV 3:00-4:45, Boys’ JV 4:30-6:00pm
Wednesday School chapel service, 8:30am
Dismissal at 2:15pm
Advent Supper, 6:00pm
Advent Service, 7:00pm, Tuneful Wednesday choir sings
Thursday Varsity away games, Girls’ 4:15, Boys’ 5:15pm
St. Paul Lutheran 18 School St. Mt. Prospect
Jr. Varsity home games, Girls 4:30, Boys 5:30pm
Friday No school for Early Childhood classes
School dismisses at 11:30am, no extended daycare
Girls’ Varsity b’ball practice, 11:30am-2:00pm
Grace Lutheran School Info to Know & Share: Grace Lutheran Church & School has many long standing traditions, especially around worship. One of those involves the Christmas Eve service led by our students. This will be the 70
th consecutive year that the service opens with the children forming a candle lit cross in the front of a dark sanctuary. Services are at 4:15 and 6:00. All are welcome and invited to attend!
Next Friday will be the final rehearsals for the Christmas Eve services. School ends at 11:30 and there is no extended day care on that day. Students in PK-SK and students in Grades 1-8 who are not participating in the Christmas Eve service should not come to school next Friday.
A Grace School tradition at Christmas is to show our appreciation to the teachers and staff by giving them a monetary gift collected from the families.
Please take a look at the
and consider contributing in this way. All monies need to be received no later than
Tuesday, December 18
to the school office.
All gifts must be cash.
The room parents will distribute the gifts along with a card to each staff and faculty member.
We need your help!
We can only sell snacks and drinks at basketball games if awesome parents like you help out! Please consider signing up for at least one Concession Stand slot. You can sign up with a friend. If you'd rather sit in the stands for your child's game, then consider signing up for the game before or after their game. It's pretty easy to run and if you are new, we will send you instructions and make sure you have another Grace parent selling with you. Thanks!
From Ms. Holm
- Great America’s Read to Succeed reading logs went home to SK through 6th grade parents on Tuesday. Students who read (or are read to) for a total of six hours between now and February 11 and turn in their reading log by February 12 will receive a free ticket to Great America this summer. If your log gets misplaced, additional copies are available in the school library.