I am excited to announce that Grace Lutheran School will be moving to a 5 day, full day kindergarten beginning next school year. Also beginning next school year, the PM Kindergarten which is commonly known as “Lunch Bunch” will be offered for students in JK and PK, allowing 3 year olds to stay for a full school day. As in the past, the PM Kindergarten will be flexible in that families may choose to have their child stay in the afternoon for anywhere from 1-5 days. More information will be available in January during the re-enrollment process.
God’s Blessings to all of you during this Christmas season.
Bill Koehne, Principal
December 21, 2018
Sunday Church Services, 8:30 & 11:00am
Sunday School & Adult Education, 9:45am
Monday Before school Recorder Club, 7:30am
Basketball practice, Boys’ Varsity 3:00-4:45pm, Girls’ JV 4:30-6:00pm
Tuesday Basketball practice, Boys’ JV 3:00-4:45, Girls’ Varsity 4:30-6:00pm
Boys’ Varsity away game St. Andrews 260 Northwest Highway Park Ridge
Wednesday School chapel service with communion 8:30am.
Parents are welcome to attend.
Dismissal at 2:15pm
Boys’ Varsity Basketball practice, 6:30-8:00pm
Thursday Basketball practice, Girls’ Varsity 3:00-4:45, Boys JV 4:40-6:00pm
Friday Room Parents meeting, 8:20am
Basketball practice, Girls’ JV 3:00-4:45pm
Varsity away games, Girls 4:00, Boys 5:00pm
Trinity Lutheran 405 Rush St. Roselle
Grace Lutheran School Info to Know & Share -
There will be an Open House for prospective families on Sunday, January 27, 1:00-2:30pm. This is a great opportunity for families interested in Grace Lutheran School to get information regarding our school, take a tour of the building, and speak with our teachers. Please make a point to invite any friends interested in a high quality Christian education to attend this event.
As we prepare for the Christmas Eve services led by our students in Grades 1-8, here are a few notes:
- The church and school will not open until 3:00 on Christmas Eve.
- Students arriving before 3:45 must stay with their families until this time.
- At 3:45, students in Grades 1-4 should report to their classrooms, ringers and singers in Grades 5-8 report to the robe room and then go to Fellowship Hall, and pageant participants report to the sacristy.
- Children in Grades 1-4 are asked to wear dress clothes, but do not need to wear white on top and dark on bottom.
- Singers and ringers in Grades 5-8 are asked to wear comfortable dress shoes, and dress clothes that will not be too hot under their choir robe.
Students in Grades 5-8 participating in both services should go to Fellowship Hall between services for a snack. Students in Grades 1-4 participating in both services will have a snack brought to their classroom.
Longest Night service:
The holiday season doesn't always feel merry and bright. For those who have lost loved ones, who face illness, who fear the future, or who are simply struggling in these days, the season can be quite difficult. Join Pastor Lauren and members of Grace Lutheran Church on the Longest Night of the year, Friday, December 21 at 7pm for a worship service of quiet reflection, Scripture, prayer, and song as we gather to sit in the stillness and whatever darkness we might find ourselves. Together, we will look to and be comforted by Jesus Christ, the Light of the World.
We need your help!
We can only sell snacks and drinks at basketball games if awesome parents like you help out! Please consider signing up for at least one Concession Stand slot. You can sign up with a friend. If you'd rather sit in the stands for your child's game, then consider signing up for the game before or after their game. It's pretty easy to run and if you are new, we will send you instructions and make sure you have another Grace parent selling with you. Thanks!
From Ms. Holm
- Great America’s Read to Succeed reading logs went home to SK through 6th grade parents in Tuesday folders. Students who read (or are read to) for a total of six hours between now and February 11 and turn in their reading log by February 12 will receive a free ticket to Great America this summer. If your log gets misplaced, additional copies are available in the school library.
Walther Christian Academy Special Visit Day and Testing on January 25
Starting at 8:00 a.m., prospective students will have the opportunity learn about Walther Christian Academy, meet the faculty and staff, go through a typical class schedule and take the placement test. To register, visit