August 2020  

Stay current on COVID-19 news as your organization considers how to safely return to work. Are you home and missing your print magazine? Check out the digital edition of Safety+Health.

Quick information about products and services for the busy safety professional. Click the links below each product for more information.

Information is provided by the featured companies.

Columbia Southern University

Earn your safety degree online. The Board of Certified Safety Professionals recognizes CSU's bachelor's and master's degree programs in occupational safety and health as Qualified Academic Programs. QAP graduates may apply for the Graduate Safety Practitioner® designation. This designation eliminates the need to sit for the ASP® exam before becoming a Certified Safety Professional®.

More information from Columbia Southern University

Gas Clip Technologies

Dangerous gases can make confined spaces hazardous. But with the MGC Pump, you can safely test the air for combustible gases, hydrogen sulfide, carbon monoxide and oxygen from up to 75 feet – even in inert atmospheres. Accessories, such as the 6-foot telescoping probe, are also available.

More information from Gas Clip Technologies

Marlin Software, LLC

Are your safety communications too focused on compliance issues ("Do this. Do this. Do this.")? See why compliance-related messaging should really make up only 35% of your total safety communication strategy, and discover what to include in the remaining 65% to help drive safety engagement to new levels.

More information from Marlin Software, LLC

RPB Safety

The RPB PX5 is a compact and versatile powered air-purifying respirator, maximizing user comfort and creating safe breathable air in hazardous environments with filter media removing up to 99.9% of particulates down to 0.12 microns. Designed for easy decontamination, the PX5 is certified to IP65 in use and IP67 with cleaning kit in place.

More information from RPB Safety


Because distraction is the underlying cause of most incidents, you need to learn how human factors training can help manage the states of mind that contribute to distraction and help prevent any related incidents in our free webinar, "Focus on Distraction to Improve Safety Outcomes."

More information from SafeStart


ThermOmegaTech®'s mechanically operated steam-fired Therm-O-Mix® Station uses a facility's existing steam and water to deliver instant 80° F tepid water to emergency safety showers and face/eyewash stations. The system is designed to operate efficiently in explosion-proof industrial environments, requiring no outside source of electricity to function, enhancing the safety of personnel.

More information from ThermOmegaTech


"Cloth face coverings are one of the most powerful weapons we have to slow and stop the spread of the virus – particularly when used universally within a community setting. All Americans have a responsibility to protect themselves, their families and their communities," said Dr. Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

More information from Accuform


Aramark Uniform Services is a leading provider of uniforms and fully managed workplace solutions. We handle the professional laundering, delivery and maintenance of rental programs for nearly 400,000 customers so they can focus on running their business. Our innovative products and services help companies enhance their image, identity and safety.

More information from Aramark


The COVID-19 pandemic caught the world unsuspecting and unprepared. As a result, safety professionals have had to mitigate unprecedented challenges without a playbook at hand. This free e-book compiles more than 20 different resources, from business continuity planning and supplier sourcing to managing worker concerns and physical distancing. Download it today.

More information from Avetta

AVO Training Institute

We've discounted our Live Instructor-Led Virtual Online Training during these difficult times of limited social interaction amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Our virtual training options include NFPA 70E, National Electrical Code Changes 2020, Electrical Safety for Industrial Facilities and Electrical Safety for Utilities.

More information from AVO Training Institute

Board of Certified Safety Professionals

BCSP provides accredited safety certifications – including CSP, SMS, ASP, OHST, CHST, STS, STSC and CIT – that lead to promising careers in the safety, health and environmental industry. CSP certification has been recognized as the "gold standard" for 50 years.

More information from Board of Certified Safety Professionals