- Why do you want to come to school?
Most wrote that they wanted to learn and improve themselves
- Why did your parents want you to attend a Project Mala school?
Most said their parents thought Mala is the best school in the area but were influenced by everything being free
- How is Project Mala helping you?
Providing books, food, uniform for free
- If you were not in school, what would you be doing?
Almost all said they would be working and not many thought they would be in another school
- How do you think education will change your life in the future?
Almost every child thought education was important and would make it easier to get a better job
- Did you attend another school before joining Project Mala?
Most have not attended any other school
- What do you consider the main differences between Project Mala school and the one you attended?
Of those that did attend another school, these included children who returned to us from Navodaya and BHU. They all felt that Mala was a lot better and teachers were more interested in them
- How do you think you have benefited from going to a Project Mala school instead of a Government school?
Most had no experience of a Government school