Two public hearings were held at the City Council meeting on November 19: one for a Future Land Use Map Amendment (FLUMA) and one for the rezoning. Both cases were unanimously approved by City Council (with one council member absent). The rezoning ordinance is subject to two more votes prior to final adoption.
A number of additional documents have been added to the project website under the “Related Documents” section.
Next steps in the process:
- December 3 // 2nd (and possible 3rd reading) of the rezoning ordinance.
- December 17 // 3rd reading of the rezoning ordinance (if not passed at December 3 meeting)
Timelines still under development
- Negotiations and vote on the Development Agreement with Cargill for the Stewart Road Property.
- Neighborhood meetings to discuss project design and construction.
- Stewart Road Property – Transfer of property from the City to Cargill.
- The “Farm Property” – Transfer of property for long term pollinator site.
- Submittal, review and staff approval of the engineering plans for the site.
- Establishment and recording of conservation easement(s)