WOW! What an incredible weekend. Thank you to everyone who helped make our 15th year such a great success. We had an amazing time giving away dresses and showcasing our new brand. The positive energy was overflowing! Thank you to our attendees, volunteers, sponsors and partner tables. We could not have pulled off such a seamless event without you!
Highlights from our 15th annual Prom Dress Giveaway include:
- 7,999 prom dresses were on the racks when we cut the ribbon. By the end of the weekend, we hit over 8,000.
- 4,037 prom dresses were given away FREE to high school students
- 2,222: Prom Dress Giveaway
- 72: Special Needs Giveaway
- 43: Portland Rose Festival Court
- 1,700: Sharing The Love (a program that takes dresses to communities and students who can’t attend our giveaway due to the distance)
- 800 volunteers generously donated their time over 4 days.
- A $2,000 college scholarship was awarded to Mercer Island High School senior Aazaad Burn. Later this month we will be awarding another $3,000 through the Juan Young Trust to 3 deserving seniors
- We unveiled a new brand logo and messaging with the help of Clutched Key Collective who generously donated their time & talent over a year to help us
- Endless Media Coverage
- Presenting Sponsor Brides For A Cause. If you have wedding dress to donate, please check them out!
We would also like to recognize MAC Cosmetics, Paul Mitchell The School Portland, Big Village, Chick Tech and Women in Automotive for hosting partner tables at the event. The experiences you provided during the wait time was very appreciated!
We hope to see you all at our 16th annual Prom Dress Giveaway March 14 & 15, 2020!
-The Abby's Closet Board of Directors