We hope that you’re doing well and enjoying a beautiful summer!
Below you’ll find some of the latest
Prostate Cancer News You Can Use. Titles of recent articles about prostate cancer are followed by a link to the Us TOO web page that provides access to the full text.
You may also be interested in these additional updates from Us TOO.
DOD CONSUMER REVIEWER
If you’re a prostate cancer survivor and interested in helping to advance the progress of prostate cancer research to help conquer the disease, consider volunteering as a consumer reviewer with the Prostate Cancer Research Program (PCRP) of the Department of Defense (DoD) Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP). Please
to complete the PCRP e-nomination form and submit it by Monday, July 31, 2017. For more information about the DoD CDMRP program
HEALTH CARE LEGISLATION
After delaying a vote, Senators are back in Washington, DC this week to review the Better Care Reconciliation Act (BCRA), which would result in 22 million people losing insurance coverage, including 15 million who depend on Medicaid. It would erode protections for people with pre-existing conditions, making insurance unaffordable for millions of cancer survivors. A new version of the bill is expected this week, with a vote next week.
Call 844-257-6227 today and every day until the vote next week to ask your Senator to vote “NO” on the BCRA.
SEA BLUE WALK/RUN
While it’s only mid-July, September will be here in short order. Plan to attend and fundraise for the 13th Annual SEA Blue Chicago Prostate Cancer Walk & Run in Lincoln Park on Sunday, September 10th. If you’re unable to attend the event in-person, please fundraise as a “Virtual Mover” or donate to the event. Funds raised help Us TOO provide educational resources and support services to the prostate cancer community at no charge. For more information or to register for the event, visit
Do you have a non-medical, non-treatment idea for changing cancer care? The Astellas Oncology C3 Prize® is encouraging applicants from all over the world and from all backgrounds to submit innovative ideas to change cancer care. Now in its second year, the C3 Prize will award $100,000 in unrestricted grants and access to mentorship to bring the brightest ideas to life. Applications are being accepted until 11:59 p.m. CST on August 21st. Visit
for all of the details.
NEWS YOU CAN USE ARTICLES:
Check out article headlines below featured in this month’s Prostate Cancer News You Can Use. Links to the full text of each article are available at:
- Cleveland Clinic discovers similarities between next-generation prostate cancer drugs
- Researchers develop new test to target prostate cancer treatment
- Moffitt researchers identify inhibitor that overcomes drug resistance in prostate cancer
- Starving prostate cancer with what you eat for dinner
- Studies in the Area of Prostate Cancer Reported from National Cancer Institute (Management Options for Biochemically Recurrent Prostate Cancer)
- Tel Aviv University Reports Findings in Prostate Cancer (Does Choline PET/CT Change the Management of Prostate Cancer Patients With Biochemical...
- Data on Prostate Cancer Described by Researchers at University of Toronto (Bone Health and Bone-targeted Therapies for Prostate Cancer: a Programme...
- Prostate PET/CT targets more cancer and improves patient care
- New Prostate Cancer Study Results Reported from Cleveland Clinic (The present and future of prostate cancer histopathology)
- New blood test uses nanotechnology to predict aggressive prostate cancer accurately
- New three-in-one blood test opens door to precision medicine for prostate cancer
- First-of-its-kind blood test unlocks precision treatment options for prostate cancer
- Reports Outline Prostate Cancer Study Findings from Thomas Jefferson University (PARP Inhibitors in Prostate Cancer)
- New Findings from Deakin University in the Area of Prostate Cancer Described (Cognitive decline in prostate cancer patients undergoing ADT: a...
- Research Conducted at Department of Urology Has Updated Our Knowledge about Prostate Cancer (Cognitive Function in Patients With Prostate Cancer...
- Investigators at Asan Medical Center Report Findings in Prostate Cancer (Obesity as a Risk Factor for Unfavorable Disease in Men with Low Risk...
- Abiraterone delays metastatic prostate cancer growth by 18 months, extends survival
- Abiraterone slows advanced prostate cancer, helps patients live longer
- Study Findings from Yale University Broaden Understanding of Prostate Cancer (Active Surveillance in Younger Men With Prostate Cancer)
- Study Results from Massachusetts General Hospital Broaden Understanding of Prostate Cancer (Clinical Outcomes from Androgen Signaling-directed...
- Data from Huazhong University of Science and Technology Advance Knowledge in Prostate Cancer (Calpain and AR-V7: Two potential therapeutic targets to...
- Higher Prostate Cancer Risks for Black Men May Warrant New Approach to Screening
- GenomeDx Announces New York State CLEP Approval of Decipher Prostate Cancer Tests
- Chinese company completes acquisition of US firm providing immunotherapy for prostate cancer
- How Did It Go? Ghanaian Men Experience With Prostate Cancer and Sex Life - Ghana Prostate Cancer Research Findings
- Researchers at University of California Report New Data on Prostatectomy (Individual Patient-Level Meta-Analysis of the Performance of the Decipher...
- Genes may cause tumor aggressiveness and drug resistance in African-American prostate cancer
- ‘Short-fingered’ docs skip prostate probes
We’ll be sending the August issue of the Hot SHEET newsletter from Us TOO in about two weeks and more of the latest prostate cancer News You Can Use in about one month.
Take care and let us know how we can help you with prostate cancer educational resources and support services.
All the best,