(Navigation Note: Click on text that’s blue, underlined and in bold for link to more information.)
We hope that you’re doing well and participating in whatever way that you can to raise awareness for prostate cancer throughout
September – Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. We’re pleased to provide you with some of the latest
Prostate Cancer News You Can Use. Below you’ll find titles of recent articles followed by a link to the Us TOO web page that provides access to the full text.
In addition, we thought you would also be interested in the following information about prostate cancer services, programs and events:
Annual SEA Blue Chicago Prostate Cancer Walk & Run
on Sunday, September 10
proved to be a great opportunity for raising awareness for prostate cancer and funds to help Us TOO provide educational resources and support services to the prostate cancer community at no charge. We extend our sincere thanks to all sponsors, walkers, runners, volunteers, fundraisers, donors, event co-presenter UroPartners, and Us TOO Board of Directors.
will be accepted through October 31
While we were thankful to have a beautiful day of sunshine and blue skies for SEA Blue, our thoughts and prayers were with, and continue to be with, those affected by the hurricanes in Florida and Houston, along with others battling forest fires in the West.
3rd Annual SEA Blue Ribbon Walk in Rochester, NY
, on Saturday, August 19, was a success once again! We thank support group leader Patrick Fisher and his team of organizers, volunteers, sponsors and participants for raising awareness and funding for prostate cancer
dvocacy provided by Us TOO.
An investigational clinical study of Focal MR-Guided Focused Ultrasound Treatment of Localized Intermediate Risk Prostate Lesions is currently enrolling men with Gleason 7 prostate cancer.
Patient Access Network Foundation (PAN) is conducting a survey to learn more about the financial assistance patients may need to cover the out-of-pocket costs of medications, and the challenges patients face when looking for financial assistance. The
survey takes about 5 minutes to complete
and will be open through Friday, September 29, 2017.
Looking ahead over the next few weeks, here are a few prostate cancer education and awareness/fundraising events that may be of interest to you:
Fri. 9/29/17, 3:00 pm Eastern Time - Tweet chat hosted by our
Know Your Stats about Prostate Cancer! Host tweets will be sent from the
@KnowYourStats handle using the hashtag
NEWS YOU CAN USE ARTICLES:
Headlines for this month’s prostate cancer News You Can Use articles are as follows. Links to the full text of each article are available at: http://www.ustoo.org/Prostate_Cancer_News.asp
- Blood test predicts prostate tumor resistance
- Studies Conducted at University of Minnesota on Prostate Cancer Recently Reported (Early Stage Cancer in Older Adults Prostate-Avoiding Overtreatment...
- Findings from Department of Urology Has Provided New Information about Prostate Cancer (Antitumor Effect of a DNA Vaccine Harboring Prostate...
- Studies from University of California Provide New Data on Prostate Cancer (Treatment strategies in low-volume metastatic castration-resistant...
- Recent Studies from University of Birmingham Add New Data to Prostate Cancer (Abiraterone for Prostate Cancer Not Previously Treated with Hormone...
- Research Results from Mayo Clinic Update Knowledge of Prostate Cancer (Role of systemic chemotherapy in metastatic hormone-sensitive prostate cancer)
- Researchers at Thomas Jefferson University Target Prostate Cancer (Radioisotopes in management of metastatic prostate cancer)
- Researchers at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Target Prostate Cancer (Immunotherapy in metastatic prostate cancer)
- Discovery of new prostate cancer biomarkers could improve precision therapy
- Research Data from Guangdong University of Technology Update
- Understanding of Prostate Cancer (Mechanistic Study of Inhibitory Effects of Metformin...
- Web Tool Helps Patients Feel More Confident in Managing Early-Stage Prostate Cancer, Study Shows
- Findings from M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Has Provided New Information about Prostate Cancer (Immunotherapy for metastatic prostate cancer:...
- Androgen deprivation therapy increases risk of heart failure in men with prostate cancer
- Wistar scientists develop novel immunotherapy technology for prostate cancer
- Investigators from University of Iowa Release New Data on Prostate Cancer (Natural Products Discovered in a High-Throughput Screen Identified as...
- Study Results from M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in the Area of Brachytherapy Reported (Prostate magnetic resonance imaging for brachytherapists:...
- Studies from F. Singh et al Further Understanding of Prostate Cancer (Feasibility of Presurgical Exercise in Men With Prostate Cancer Undergoing...
- Researchers at Third Military Medical University Have Reported New Data on Prostate Cancer (Metformin reverses prostate cancer resistance to...
- Reports from A.C. Gao and Co-Researchers Add New Data to Findings in Prostate Cancer (Niclosamide and Bicalutamide Combination Treatment Overcomes...
- New Prostate Cancer Findings Has Been Reported by Investigators at Cleveland Clinic (Intermediate-Term Outcomes for Men with Very Low/Low and...
- Findings from Paracelsus Medical University Provide New Insights into Prostate Cancer [The Value of PSA Density in Combination with PI-RADS ™ for the...
- Data on Prostate Cancer Detailed by Researchers at Tufts University (The 4Kscore blood test accurately identifies men with aggressive prostate cancer...
- Study Results from School of Medicine Provide New Insights into Prostate Cancer (Threat of Sexual Disqualification: The Consequences of Erectile...
- Local researcher: Why are black patients more likely to get, die from prostate cancer?
- Statement from President Donald J. Trump on National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- CLARK ATLANTA AWARDED $1.5 MILLION PROSTATE CANCER RESEARCH GRANT
- University of Surrey - Recurrence of prostate cancer could be reduced thanks to exciting new discovery
- Recent Findings from Netherlands Cancer Institute Provides New Insights into Prostate Cancer (Prevalence and correlates of mental health problems in...
- Studies from Department of Radiation Oncology Have Provided New Information about Prostate Cancer (Magnetic resonance imaging for prostate cancer...
- Prostate cancer treatments more advanced than ever
We’ll be sending the October issue of the Hot SHEET newsletter from Us TOO in about two weeks and more of the latest prostate cancer News You Can Use in about one month.
We appreciate the collective effort from so many of you across the country as we work together to raise awareness for prostate cancer during the month of September – thank you!
Take care and let us know how we can help you with prostate cancer educational resources and support services.
All the best,