Made possible by a charitable contribution from
Navigation Tip: Click on blue text that’s italicized, underlined and in bold for link to more information.
We hope that you’re doing well and enjoying beautiful spring weather! In addition to the following updates and information that may be of interest to you, article titles for
PROSTATE CANCER NEWS YOU CAN USE
are listed below along with a link to the Us TOO web page that provides access to the full text for each article.
expanding the team at Us TOO
and looking to hire a full-time
Director of Development
for more information; and pass along this career opportunity to potential candidates.
If you haven’t already done so,
check out recorded video from recent Us TOO Pathways educational events
. We extend our thanks to Pathways presenters, corporate sponsors, support group leaders, and all who attended in person and online through the live webcast.
Sexual Health & Intimacy:
Pelvic Floor Health:
Psychosocial Effects of a Prostate Cancer Diagnosis:
Living with Uncertainty after Cancer Diagnosis:
Harnessing the Benefits of Genetic Testing:
Benefits of Meditation:
Prostate Cancer Screening, Staging, and Treatment of Localized Disease:
Advanced Disease & Immunotherapy:
Stay tuned for details on the 2019 Pathways events!
Prostate cancer support groups
provide a valuable opportunity to connect with others for education, support and perspective on managing every aspect of the disease – from testing to active surveillance, treatment options and side effect management.
Us TOO has a network of more than 200 support groups in the U.S. and abroad.
We thank all of the support group leaders who volunteer their time and leadership to provide this peer-to-peer forum for men diagnosed with prostate cancer and their loved ones. We encourage those who are interested to
find an Us TOO support group near you
NEWS YOU CAN USE ARTICLES:
Please note that the content below lists only the title of the article rather than a direct link to the content. For access to the full article
- Recent Studies from University of Colorado Add New Data to Prostate Cancer (Abiraterone Acetate To Treat Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer In Combination With Prednisone)
- Scientists identify compounds in coffee which may inhibit prostate cancer
- Study Results from University of Florence Provide New Insights into Prostate Cancer (Combining abiraterone and radiotherapy in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: a review of current evidence)
- Findings from University of Illinois Update Understanding of Prostate Cancer
- Study Findings on Prostate Cancer Are Outlined in Reports from Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Cellular Constituents of the Prostate Stroma: Key Contributors To Prostate Cancer Progression and Therapy Resistance)
- Investigators at National Center for Tumor Diseases Target Prostate Cancer (Response to olaparib in a PALB2 germline mutated prostate cancer and genetic events associated with resistance)
- Prostate cancer incidence and mortality have declined in most countries
- Testosterone slows prostate cancer recurrence in low-risk patients
- Researchers at Peking University Have Reported New Data on Brachytherapy (Five-year Outcome of Ultrasound-guided Interstitial Permanent I-125 Seeds Implantation for Local Head and Neck Recurrent Tumors: a Single Center Retrospective Study)
- New Findings from University of Fudan in the Area of Prostate Cancer Reported (Phi-based risk calculators performed better in the prediction of prostate cancer in the Chinese population)
- Study Results from University of Surrey Provide New Insights into Prostate Cancer (Creating a Teachable Moment In Community Pharmacy for Men With Prostate Cancer: a Qualitative Study of Lifestyle Changes)
- Michael Bennet Has Prostate Cancer but Still Intends to Run for President
New clinical data analysis shows survival benefit three years after treatment with Sipuleucel-T. Data presented at 2019 ASCO Genitourinary Cancers Symposium underscore an even greater survival benefit for African-American men treated with immunotherapy;
read press release
Take care, enjoy the extra sunshine and warmer temperatures, and watch for the May 2019 issue of the Us TOO
newsletter coming soon. Let us know how we can help provide you with educational resources, support services and personal connections to others in the prostate cancer community.
All the best,