We hope that you’re doing well, enjoying the fall season, and noticing that more men are sporting facial hair and a moustache (“mo”) in support of
to increase awareness for men’s health issues in November.
We’re pleased to provide you with some of the latest
Prostate Cancer News You Can Use
. Titles of recent news articles are listed followed by a link to the Us TOO web page that provides access to the full text. You may also be interested in the following information.
On November 6, we were in San Antonio, TX, for the
Us TOO Panel Discussion & Webcast on Advanced Prostate Cancer
hosted by the Us TOO San Antonio support groups. We’d like to thank support group leader Johnny Staha, everyone who attended in person and online, event moderator Dr. Juan A. Reyna, his wife, Joni Reyna, physician panelist presenters Dr. Eddie Morales, Dr. Vijay Gunuganti, Dr. Michael Liss, presenting sponsor Bayer, event sponsors Dendreon and Janssen Oncology, along with in-kind sponsorship from Los Padres.
Watch the video
of the event.
Last week we were also in Englewood, NJ, on November 11 for the
Us TOO Community Conversation on Prostate Cancer
hosted by Us TOO International and Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, in collaboration with Us TOO support groups in Hackensack, Monmouth and NYC, and Cancer
. We extend our thanks to local support group leaders Jack David Marcus and Joe Cavalli, everyone who attended the event, presenter Andrew Chesler from CancerCare, physician presenters Dr. Eric Margolis and Dr. Maxwell Janosky, presenting sponsor Bayer, event sponsors Astellas/Pfizer, Genomic Health, and Janssen Oncology, along with in-kind sponsorship support from Englewood Hospital and Medical Center. The event featured
demonstrations for chair yoga, acupuncture and meditation as management techniques for anxiety and depression
. Watch for video footage of the event coming soon!
Remember that as a prostate cancer survivor or caregiver,
you don’t have to go it alone
. Exchange information and share your experience with others! Us TOO has more than 200
prostate cancer support groups across the country
to find a support group near you.
to log on to the
Inspire online prostate cancer support community
and participate in any of the 13 prostate cancer online discussion groups. Another option is to
to join a
call-in prostate cancer support group
The Us TOO Prostate Cancer Clinical Trial Finder
simplifies the process of identifying clinical trials by matching a patient’s profile with relevant clinical trials at no charge. Patient information can be entered online or on the phone by calling a toll-free number to talk with clinical trial navigators who speak English or Spanish!
to visit the Us TOO clinical trial web page
, which includes more information and a link to The Us TOO Prostate Cancer Clinical Trial Finder.
As you begin your online holiday shopping please remember to shop Amazon Smiles to help Us TOO.
It provides all of the same merchandise on Amazon at the same price but designates a portion of your transaction to benefit Us TOO. Simply select Us TOO International as your charity of choice and 0.5 percent of the value of all purchases will be donated to Us TOO. There’s no limit to the amount Amazon Smile will donate.
for all of the details.
When ordering products from
enter promo code: USTOO and receive a
10% discount and free shipping
on purchases of $50 or more. Your transaction will also generate a donation for Us TOO paid by Urology Health Store.
NEWS YOU CAN USE ARTICLES:
Please note that the content below lists only the title of the article rather than a direct link to the content.
For access to the full article
- New Prostate-Specific Antigen Study Findings Have Been Reported by Researchers at Diagnostica Stago (US Preventive Services Task Force...
- Sexual function concerns not always reflected in prostate cancer treatment choices
- Recent Findings from A.C. Gao and Co-Authors Provide New Insights into Prostate Cancer (ABCB1 Mediates Cabazitaxel-Docetaxel Cross-Resistance in...
- Study shows how nerves drive prostate cancer
- Reports Summarize Prostate Cancer Study Results from Department of Radiation Oncology (Combining Abiraterone and Radiotherapy in Prostate Cancer...
- Study Results from Kanazawa University Provide New Insights into Prostate Cancer [Enzalutamide versus abiraterone as a first-line endocrine therapy...
- Research Data from Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Update Understanding of Prostate Cancer (Drug development for noncastrate prostate cancer...
- Study Findings from University of Toronto Provide New Insights into Prostate Cancer (Systematic review and network meta-analysis on the relative...
- Research Conducted at Department of Experimental Medicine Has Updated Our Knowledge about Prostate Cancer (Prostate cancer screening: Knowledge,...
- Janssen Submits New Drug Application to U.S. FDA for Apalutamide ARN-509 to Treat Men with Non-Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Collaborative Clinical Study Aims to Advance Treatment of Kidney and Prostate Cancer with 3D Printing
- Proton therapy for prostate cancer is advantageous to imrt according to new study
- Research from Peking University Yields New Findings on Prostate Cancer (Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Modeling of Schedule-Dependent Interaction...
- New Prostate Cancer Data Have Been Reported by P.N. Aguiar and Co-Authors (Cost effectiveness of chemohormonal therapy in patients with metastatic...
- Studies from St. Orsola Marcello Malpighi Hospital Add New Findings in the Area of Prostate Cancer (Urinary Biomarkers for Prostate Cancer)
- Reports Summarize Prostate Cancer Findings from University of Tokyo (The biological and clinical advances of androgen receptor function in...
- Studies from Federal University of Minas Gerais Further Understanding of Prostate Cancer (Endothelial Cells as Precursors for Osteoblasts in the...
- Dietary isoflavones linked to increased risk of advanced prostate cancer
- Studies from Xavier University of Louisiana Provide New Data on Prostate Cancer (Prostate Knowledge, Attitudes and Beliefs in Black College Men: A...
- Investigators from University of Birmingham Report New Data on Prostate Cancer (Circulating steroid hormone variations throughout different stages of...
We’ll be sending the December issue of the Hot SHEET newsletter from Us TOO before you know it and more of the latest prostate cancer News You Can Use next month.
Take care and let us know how we can help you with prostate cancer educational resources and support services.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving celebration and the holiday season!
All the best,