Made possible by a charitable contribution from
Navigation Tip: Click on blue text that’s italicized, underlined and in bold for link to more information.
We hope this note finds you doing well. We’re pleased to provide you with some of the latest
Prostate Cancer News You Can Use
. In addition to the following updates and information that may be of interest to you, the titles of prostate cancer news articles are listed below along with a link to the Us TOO web page that provides access to the full text for each article.
There’s still time! We encourage prostate cancer survivors interested in advancing the progress of prostate cancer research to
consider volunteering to serve as a Consumer Reviewer
with the Prostate Cancer Research Program (PCRP) of the Department of Defense (DoD) Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP).
to learn more.
If you’re interested, please send nomination materials to
no later than Monday, May 20. I will provide a letter of nomination and forward all materials to General Dynamics Information Technology on behalf of the Department of Defense.
Financial assistance for healthcare may be available to those who responded to the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001
, or those who lived and/or worked in Lower Manhattan during or after the collapse of the Twin Towers. Many people may be entitled to assistance with their medical costs and compensation through the
9-11 WTC Healthcare Fund and Victims' Compensation Fund
. Some diagnosed with a disease (possibly prostate cancer) several years after 9-11 may have relocated from the city, or served as a visiting first responder.
for more information from Answer Cancer Foundation.
Registration is now open at
15th Annual Chicago SEA Blue Prostate Cancer Walk & Run
, which will take place on September 15th in beautiful Lincoln Park.
is an acronym for
dvocate; and blue is to prostate cancer as pink is to breast cancer. Attend in person or register as a virtual mover at no charge if you will not attend in person and want to help fundraise.
For a glimpse into what makes this event so special for so many people,
check out the video
NEWS YOU CAN USE ARTICLES:
Please note that the content below lists only the title of the article rather than a direct link to the content.
For access to the full article
- Roswell Park study links genetics to prostate cancer in African-Americans
- 21st Century Oncology’s Vladimir Ioffe, MD Urges For More Prostate Cancer Screenings Despite Government’s View That ‘It’s Unnecessary’
- Reports Outline Prostate Cancer Study Results from Department of Surgery (Androgen deprivation therapy promotes an obesity-like microenvironment in periprostatic fat)
- Investigators at Department of Research Report Findings in Prostate Cancer (Nationwide Treatment Patterns and Survival of Older Patients With Prostate Cancer)
- Research Data from Oslo University Hospital Update Understanding of Prostate Cancer (Local Failure Is a Dominant Mode of Recurrence In Locally Advanced and Clinical Node Positive Prostate Cancer Patients Treated With Combined Pelvic Imrt and ...)
- Men’s knowledge on prostate cancer needs improving
- AI performs as well as experienced radiologists in detecting prostate cancer
- Colorado Sen. Michael Bennet Launches 2020 White House Bid After Cancer Battle
- A new method to select the right treatment for advanced prostate cancer
- Researchers at University of Missouri Report Findings in Prostate Cancer (Estimation of tumor and local tissue dose in gold nanoparticles radiotherapy for prostate cancer)
- Data from University of Illinois Advance Knowledge in Prostate Cancer (Can Lycopene Impact the Androgen Axis In Prostate Cancer?: a Systematic Review of Cell Culture and Animal Studies)
- Single dose of targeted radiotherapy is safe and effective for prostate cancer
- ASTRO and AUA update joint clinical guidance for radiation therapy after prostatectomy
- Findings on Prostate Cancer Detailed by Investigators at University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center (Current Perspectives On Bone Metastases In Castrate-resistant Prostate Cancer)
MORE NEWS & CLINICAL TRIALS:
Dendreon is currently enrolling men in the
ProVent clinical trial
. This new investigational study will evaluate the effectiveness of sipuleucel-T in
reducing disease progression
in men with lower risk prostate cancer who are candidates for active surveillance.
to learn more.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted the New Drug Application (NDA) from Bayer and granted
priority review to darolutamide for the treatment of non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer
to read the press release.
The Restore Study is a clinical trial recruiting gay and bisexual men
with prostate cancer living anywhere in the USA. It’s sponsored by the University of Minnesota in collaboration with NCI and Malecare.
to learn more and register for the trial.
Take care, enjoy the warmer weather and the unofficial start to the summer season with Memorial Day, a tribute to the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. Watch for the June 2019 issue of the Us TOO Hot SHEET newsletter in a few weeks; and let us know how we can help provide you with educational resources, support services and personal connections to others in the prostate cancer community.
All the best,